The Awakening (Part 1)

Queen

"Chris, STOP!" I cried as I covered my face, hoping it'd be enough to protect myself from the blows. "I'M SORRY!!" "Not as sorry as you finna be!" Chris bellowed before grabbing a handful of my hair and dragging me across our bedroom. "You think you just gone be out here embarrassing me? All in niggas faces and shit? Let see how quick niggas are to look at you now." He abruptly let go of my hair, causing me to hit my face on the wheel of the laptop chair. I felt my eye swell up immediately.
Chris smirked at me, "Boy I swear, if you wasn't carrying my son, I'd kill you." He walked out, slammed the front door and sped off down the street.

I curled up in a ball and held my stomach, 'Lord Please make a way for me to get free, I'm tired of hurting, I don't want to do this anymore.'I don't want my baby to grow up this way Lord please help me'
I thought to myself between sobs.
I couldn't believe it had gotten this bad. How could the man I was so in love with treat me so bad. I knew I should've let the first time, but my heart just can't let go. I I try my best to keep him happy but nothing I do is ever enough. Maybe if I didn't upset him so much he wouldn't hit me.

Either way it's no excuse and I can't allow my baby to grow up in a home like this. I had to think of an escape and think if one fast. I had to be strong for my son, show him that I was a fighter and that my love for him was stronger than anything else this world had to offer.
I picked myself up and rubbed my small yet growing belly "Don't worry CJ, Mommy's okay. I'm gonna get us out of here' I sniffled as I spoke to him. 'Mommy will make sure we're safe before you get here, I promise I'll never let anyone hurt us again"