Part 3 : The Devil and His Mischief Maker

The Devil and His Mischief Maker
Part Three
(ShivIka)

Anika shut her eyes. What the hell was she thinking? Now instead of fretting over how to get down, she had to wonder what he'd do. You put these clauses for Sahil, your brother to emotionally blackmail him! Not your ex-husband.

She bit her lip to keep herself from crying when he started walking again. It was only when she felt the softness of the bed under her that she opened her eyes to find herself laying on the bed and Shivaay sitting beside her, his face buried in his hands.

"Shivaay?" Anika softly called out making him look at her. He smiled at her softly. Anika quickly sat up straight, wrapping her arms around him.

"Anika, can I please know what happened that you did what you did all weeks ago?"

Anika stiffened and Shivaat sighed. Turning towards her, he took her hands in his. "I don't know what happened and I am so sorry I lost my calm at that time. I can't believe I actually didn't think of what must be happening to make you take such a drastic step. Now it's completely your choice Anika. You can tell me if you want or you can not tell methem if you want. All I know is I want you back in my life, anyhow."

Anika stared at Shivaay with a small smile. "Who are you and what have done with me control-freak Billuji?"

Shivaay chuckled. "I have no idea." Anika shifted a bit towards him, and hugged him tightly. "Shivaay, I know you have all rights to know why I did all of that and why I left you when you and the family meant the world to me. Trust me, if it had been anything else, I would have shared it you in a blink of they eye but somehow, I can't bring myself to tell you this." Shivaay nodded, resting his chin on her head. He rubbed his hand along her back, still thinking what was it that had Anika so lost.

Pulling away, he cupped her face. "Now in all this, we are missing out on something very important."

"What?" Anika creased her forehead in confusion.

"About what you said before I put you down on the bed?" Shivaay smiled at.

Shivaay looked on as colour rise to Anika's face gradually, along with the smile that kept growing on her face.

"Probably the most weird way of confessing where you have me at a gun-point or something but Anika, all I know is I am very much in love with you, however weird and downright horrendous that sounds."

Anika chuckled amidst her tears, hitting his arm lightly. She then wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Shivaay wounded an arm around her waist and pulled her up on his lap.

"Anika?" He softly called out making her pull away. "Will you marry this Stupid Singh Oberoi who is somehow in love with you? Will you give me another chance and make sure I trust you all the time? Will you promise to throw water on me whenever I make some mistake? And most importantly, do you promise that you will not walk away from us, whatever life-threatening situation it is?" Shivaay looked at her hopefully.

Anika stared at him. This man had done so much for her, had even moulded himself so much. Could she ever deny this little thing that he was asking of her? She kissed his palms that still held her face.

"Shivaay, I..."

He looked at her expectantly. Anika was ready to reply in positive when she was reminded of why all of this had happened in the first place. What happens when Pinky decides to tell Shivaay the truth?

Anika took a deep breath in. She was about to promise him to not walk away, so she would do just that.

"Shivaay, I promise I am never going to walk away from us, I am never going to give up on us, whatever may be the situation. I will fight for us and I will always be by your side." Anika blinked at him in assurance.