Part 2 : The Devil and His Mischief Maker

The Devil and His Mischief Maker
Part Two
(ShivIka)

Anika's heart was the first one to react. Erratic heart beats topped with the happy-bubbles in her gut. When her brain finally started processing the presence of her 'ex'-husband, she jumped, toppling the bowl of chocolates. In any other situation, she would have lamented over the chocolates lying unfashionably on the floor but there were a lot of things that occupied her thought-processes.

Like the fact that Shivaay looked furious and would break a few phones right away or kiss her out of breath. Or the fact that he not-so-politely took the tray having food from the person standing outside the room and shut the door on their face. Or the fact that her heart would jump out of her ribcage, directly in his arms. Shaking her head a little bit, she narrowed her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Anika managed to stutter.

"What are you doing here?" Shivaay raised an eyebrow.

"Stop repeating what I say!"

"Stop stumbling away from me!"

It was then that Anika noticed. With every statement they spoke, Shivaay took a step towards her (long one, may I add) and Anika took a step away (extremely small as compared to his steps).

Anika straightened herself, composing herself. "Why are you here?" She sounded broken, tired.

"I could ask the same thing to you." Shivaay's voice reflected the hurt.

Anika lowered her eyes, looking away. Few quick strides, and Shivaay stood in front of her challengingly, his demeanour dominating.

"Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, I don't want to talk to you.

"But I want to, Mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi.

"Ex Mrs. SSO." Anika muttered, stressing on 'ex'.

"Future Mrs. SSO." Shivaay was quick, stressing on 'future'.

Anika immediately looked up. Shivaay looked at her with an amused smile and a cheeky grin fighting its way.

Anika stared at him, confused and lost. Not giving her mind a chance to go in any other direction, Shivaay slid his hands around her waist. Anika closed her eyes as her body took in his familiar touch. Shivaay leaned towards the base of her neck, nuzzling. Anika's hands caught hold of his coat, fisting the fibre tightly.

"Anika, please, let's just get back to the way we were a few month ago." Shivaay's vulnerable voice made her shiver.

"The air-conditioner's temperature is too low." Anika muttered making Shivaay chuckle, slightly pulling away.

He looked in her eyes, contemplating what his next words and actions should be. Anika gave him a small smile, nervousness seeping in. He didn't want to give room to any confusion, misunderstanding or negative as such. Doing what his heart wanted him to, he placed his lips on hers for a fraction of a second.

He pulled a little away scanning her face for any signs of repulsion. "Should've done this earlier? Hai na?"

Warmth burst like firecrackers in both their systems, electricity jolted in their blood. Shivaay's grip on her waist and Anika's grip on his shoulders, tightened simultaneously.

When they pulled away, Anika looked at him with warm eyes. If she was lost before, she was on her way home now. Anika wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head against his chest.

"Why are you so stubborn?" she muttered. When Shivaay pulled a little away to look at her in confusion, she quickly pulled him again. "If you wouldn't have been, we could have prevented a lot of unhoni and done this sooner."

"Done what sooner?" Shivaay asked with a smug look.

Anika rolled her eyes at his tadi.

"But, Future Mrs. Oberoi," Shivaay started, "you love my stubbornness, or rather should I say, tadi'.

"Who said so?" Anika mused.

"Nobody needs to."

Anika snuggled more into him as the feeling of oneness spread through them.

It was then that something struck Shivaay.

He pulled away, making Anika look at his with raised eyebrows.

"I totally forgot why I was here!"

Anika looked at him in shock as the fact dawned on her as well. Before she could even say anything, Shivaay wrapped his hands around her and picked her up in bridal style. Anika's eyes widened and she started hitting him on the chest.

"Put me down you Jungli Bagad Billa!"

Her struggles were futile as Shivaay stood there, unaffected by her oh-so-terrible move set.

"Anika, I promised OmRu that I'll make sure that I carry you home so that you don't get a chance to run away. I keep my promises."
"And it could have been worst.  Using those typical kidnapping techniques of chloroform, blindfold, darkness and stuff. You should be happy. I am taking you home very, very decently." He added as an afterthought.

"This is not decent. This is immature! What will Mallika, Sid and their family think about me?"

"I have a lot of things to clear darling," he drawled. He did notice the beautiful blush forming on her cheeks.

"One, this isn't immature, this is romantic." He winked only to have her cheeks turn crimson.

"Two, why is that Siddharth Vikram Rana has a pet-name and I don't?" he muttered with a scrunched nose.

"Three, they will only think that I care a lot for you and am taking so much pains for you." He smiled.

"One," Anika mimicked Shivaay, "romantic my foot!"

"Two, you do have a nickname. In fact you have a lot of those. I could publish a book and earn a lot. Best-selling in Humor."

"In tragedy..." Shivaay murmured, loud enough for Anika to hear. She chuckled but was back to her debate.

"And three, they'll think I am immature, throwing tantrums like a kid.

"At least you agree you are being immature." Shivaay smiled a fake smile.

"Shivaay, it isn't like that. There are a lot of justifications for my behavior."

"We'll hear those when we reach home."

"Shivaay put me down or I'll run away again.

"I won't let you. Ever." Shivaay firmly stated. His tone decided that their discussion was over.

She didn't know how it came to her and what was she thinking exactly, but her next words were: "You'll put me down if you love me."

---

Waiting for your reviews. What do you think happens next? ;)

Please do not make me feel that posting them all together was a bad idea :P

BlackManiacx