Don't It Just Break Your Heart

After being forced to lose control and lose everything about myself to a psychic that made the Huntress inside of me wake up and made sure that I wasn't the one awake, unable to stop anything of what was going on was a nightmare.

The Huntress was stalking out vampires who were making out in an alley.

"We have a room, you know," the female vampire told her partner. "Maybe we should go there."

"Yeah, but then we couldn't make out in this filthy alley," the male vampire replied.

The Huntress rushed up to feed on the female vampire, ripping her head off, ripping the heart out of another vampire.

Maia walked closer, using her psychic abilities to get her under control. "The reason why I helped you awaken, Huntress, and take control of Nicola Salvatore completely, is so that you can help me. And my friends for our needs."

The Huntress turned to face her. "Well, if it was your aim to get my attention, then I must say, you've been wildly successful. But for right now, I am now singularly focused on the impending suffering of all vampires. Including the one that I am. Nicola Salvatore fought so hard to keep me asleep in our head, willing to hand herself over to Sirens and the Devil and even Mikaelsons to make sure that I never made her lose control again, protecting her vampire family and friends, making more vampire family by marriage, falling in love with one... and for that, I am going to make her suffer. By making sure she's asleep inside me but that she has to see and hear everything that I do, and making her blame herself for it. You don't know how much this girl already hates herself. Nicola's living her own worst hell."

"And I can help you with that," Maia told her. "But I must warn you, there are some vampires who you have to work with."

The Huntress shook our head. "Not interested."

"Oh, you will be, trust me," Maia told her. "The vampires I'm working for, they're purists vampires who don't believe in hybrids like Hayley Marshall, or Klaus and Hope Mikaelson, or Marcel Gerard. They believe that their defect must be corrected. Sort of like a vampire vampire Huntress defect."

The Huntress gripped Maia by the throat. "The only reason why I haven't killed you yet is because you set me free and you're not a vampire. But call me a defect again, I'll pluck out your eyeballs and eat them like olives off my fingertips. Get back to the hybrids."

"A dirtying of the vampire species," Maia explained. "Which diminishes the pure and superior nature of vampires."

"Make your point," the Huntress told her.

"The purists vampires kidnapped Hayley Marshall," Maia went on. "They want her daughter to purify herself, submitting to the same spell that Esther once used to bind Klaus. Once her werewolf side is sublimated, Hope will no longer be capable of creating her abominations."

"And you really think that Klaus will agree to that?" the Huntress asked.

Maia shrugged. "It's a simple choice. His daughter's werewolf nature or her mother's worldly life. Clock is ticking. Are you interested now, Nicola?"

**********

Now, Elijah was talking to the Huntress, hoping that it would be me who would be speaking, but not knowing that I couldn't speak at all or let alone try to wake up and take control again while the Huntress tried to keep me down. "Whatever that psychic did to you, it didn't have much affect on me, Nicola. You have told me everything I need to know about my past, and the only time you held back was because you were worried about how I would react, but once I showed you that I could handle it, you didn't hold back at all. Someone once told me Shanghai is a safe place to hide out."