Chapter 13

Sports Festival
Start Of The Show

"I want to make sure I always show off my smile and have a positive attitude the whole time, whether it's during a performance, practice, or doing an interview."
- Laurie Hernandez -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Spiritual/Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading" - Super Moves or Armors

~ Let's Go! ~

After the whole fiasco about the cafe, Class 1-A took Thursday as a complete break before the main event, the actual Sports Festival. So right now, each first-year class is just in UA's stadium in front of spectators and pro heroes.

"Hello, Everyone!" Midnight called out as she walked into the stadium, then onto a stage. "Welcome to UA's Sport's Festival, where our students go through 3 events using their quirk and techniques they've learned to impress pro heroes. Then they'll be able to intern at a pro's agency. But before our first event, a few words from the first-year representative."

When she said that, Izumi was cued to walk up on stage in front of the podium as all the camera were now on her. "Hey, I'm Izumi Midoriya and... I want you all to use everything you got." She stated simply before putting on a cheerful smile, which offset the crowd as Midnight took the stage again.

"She's right, no matter which class you come from, if you don't use everything at your disposal, you won't have a chance to beat Class 1-A. Nonetheless, beat the self-proclaimed 'Protector Of The Innocent'." She teased before winking at Izumi. "Well, the first event is the obstacle course and we'll be starting shortly."

Just as she said, all the students besides the business course were moved to the Obstacle Course's entrance. "Izumi, back up. You don't want to get clogged in that gate." Ordered Yami as his only way of helping her was tips and advice since his armor takes too much of a toll on Izumi.

'Got it, I'll just fly over the gate once they start.' She mentally replied as she stepped away from the crowd while some other members of 1-A did as well, at least the ones who could get over.

"Alright! The Obstacle Course is about to begin! Everyone, get ready!" Present Mic announced in his weird dialect, as everyone got ready for the signal. "GO!" At that moment, half of 1-A went over the gate while the rest had to make their way through the gate, making it to an empty track that they all ran.

"Looks like 1-A is in the lead so far." Announced Aizawa as the camera turned to the couple in first, which was obviously Izumi and Shoto.

"What do you say to a date tomorrow, Izumi?" Shoto said as they continued to run, but soon saw the UA's robots which they recognized from the entrance exam, sorry, most of them recognized.

"I'd say I love you more than anything else," Izumi said as her back glowed yellow as she sprouted her angel wings with her sword forming in her right hand. But soon she took flight and sliced a few robots in her path. "But you already know that!" She yelled as she summoned her spear and threw it at a zero-pointer, making it fall backward before students started going over them.

"Yet you don't love me enough to slow down." He said as he froze over a robot and he fell towards the other students that weren't smart enough to dodge.

"Seems 1-A's Power Couple is breezing through the first obstacle!" Present Mic announced as Izumi made it to the second obstacle which was a chasm filled with spread out platforms, only connected by ropes. "Next is the Chasm, how will these students cross it!?"

As an answer, Izumi flew over it as she cut a few ropes. Soon after she crossed, the other students had to find other ways to get across, like how Shoto shot himself up with a pillar of ice or how Katsuki used his explosions to blast himself across.

"Seems like the little hero is playing dirty, right Eraser?" Present Mic joked as Izumi was seen waiting in front of the third obstacle which was a touch-sensor minefield.

"I'd watch your tongue, Izumi looks cute and innocent at a glance but can become a harbinger of death if you got on her bad side. Although she's bipolar with her quirk, she's quite forgiving." Aizawa answered as the other students finally crossed the chasm and Izumi just smiled at them. "Right now though, she's going to play dirty."

As the other students tried to avoid the minefield carefully, but Izumi had other plans. First, she switched from her Angel: Wings and Angel: Blade armor parts to her One For All armor in its full suit, but then she activated Full Cowl (5%) before running around the minefield and activating the explosives around other students.

"See Ya!" She yelled before running through the minefield once again, causing a chain reaction of explosions all while she made it back to the stadium.

"And Izumi comes back in First Place!" Present Mic yelled as Izumi waved to the crowd, spotting her Kaa-san and a bunch of heroes. "Next is Shoto Todoroki in Second and Katsuki Bakugo in Third!"

"Alright, the first 42 students that came back, Congrats! You'll be moving onto the next event which is the Cavalry Battle!" Midnight announced as only the first 42 students stayed in the stadium, consisting of Classes 1-A and 1-B along with a General Department and Support Department student. "Before we begin, you all have 10 minutes to form a group of three or four people with the person who scored the most points being carried."

"But the scores are as shown!" Present Mic said as the back of the stage turned into a screen showing the student's rankings. "Number 42 starts with 5, Number 41 goes to 10, and so on until Number 1 who has 1,000,000 points!"

At that moment, everyone looked at Izumi with the intent to kill, or at least take her points. "H-hey..." She said as they all separated into groups, leaving Izumi alone. "No one wants to win... seriously?"

"What do you mean by win?" Asked a pink-haired girl with green eyes that had a crosshair in them.

"Kya!" Izumi shouted as she fell onto her bottom before the pink-haired girl helped her up.

"Sorry, but could you answer my question?"

"I mean, I could just fly in the sky so people can't get my points." Answered Izumi, but for plot reasons, her win won't be that easy.

"Alright, count me in!" She said in response. "Oh, sorry, the name's Mei Hatsume and I'm from the Support Department."

"Right, Hatsume-chan. I'm Izumi Midoriya from class 1-A... but you probably already knew that." Replied Izumi as she was hugged from behind.

"Izumi-chan!" Shouted the round face, brunette girl known as Ochaco Uraraka. "I'll on your team!" She said cheerily before whispering into Izumi's ear. "But you've grown since last time, Izumi-chan~!"

"R-right..." Izumi said while blushing before looking over everyone who was left. "I'll go get our last teammate." She said before leaving Mei and Ochaco.

~ Straight out of the anime ~

A/N: A short chapter but the next won't be much longer either.

Anyway, who do you want to be Izumi's last teammate?
Can not be from team Todoroki or Bakugo.