∘TEN

CHAPTER TEN →WONDERS !

CHAPTER TEN
WONDERS !

jane scrunched up her face as she felt dottie pamper her face with blush, and glide lipgloss across her lips. she was never a fan of makeup, or fancy hairdos...or fashion. jane was a simple girl, happy to have her hair short and scruffy, and clothes handed down from her father. she really didn't care.

but all of the sudden, she seemed to care. fixing her hair when mike wasn't looking, or making sure her jeans where generous in the sense that her behind was...accentuated.

dottie chewed her gum with loud smacks at the roof of her mouth, as she finished with jane's hair.

meanwhile, kali was dealing with mike on the opposite side of the room, out of janes sight. all she could hear was him questioning why a blow-dryer was needed and complaining the air blazing out of it was too hot.

jane smooths down her crumpled baby pink dress. it looks fit enough for a doll. not jane.

dottie spins her around to face the mirror, and janes breath gets caught in her throat.

bleach blonde locks fall neatly at jane's shoulders, and her cheeks and the tip of her nose is brushed over with blush. her lips are sealed with peachy lip balm, and she overall appears...younger. she toys with a strand of the blonde wig that sits comfortably on her head.

"see? pretty." dottie confirms, pulling her gum out of her mouth, then springing it back into her mouth.

jane parts her petal lips to speak, but the words are soon swallowed up as she sees the person in the reflection behind her.

it was mike, with a woolen sweater and beige pants, and his hair blow-waved to perfection. he wore a frown. his doe eyes weren't on jane, no, they where on the boy staring back at him in the mirror.

"i thought we would look...you know, bad ass." jane mumbled, as she screwed her nose up in response to her all too girly appearance.

kali rolled her dark dimmed eyes. "we need you to look innocent."

mike brushed his hair aside. "why?"

dottie tried to stifle a giggle as she tapped mikes chin with her finger. "so they won't suspect you're stealing anything. duh."

jane blinks. "oh."

there's a sudden thickness in the air, as kali gestures mike and jane to follow her out from the small room. dottie quickly ran behind mike, draping a large puffy black jacket over his sweater. after he uttered her   a soft thank you, she seemed to stay quiet- stepping back into the 'makeup room' as she watched with wide eyes as the two newly made-over teens stumbled away.