∘ NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN →SO YOU'RE A TOUGH GUY (GIRL) !

CHAPTER NINETEEN
SO YOU'RE A TOUGH GUY (GIRL) !

mike and jane held hands, clutching one another's fingers and tangling them together in a bundle. their eyes scoured the living room, frantically searching in fear for mike's beloved sister.

she looked t him in awe, her deep love and affection for him oozing through every part of her body. she would sell her soul just to see him happy.

"nancy?!" mike called desperately, guilt dripping down with his sweat as it collected at his neck.

jane noticed this, and rubbed his arm. "i'm sure she's just...in her room or something."

he nodded, blinking rapidly. she clutched onto his arm as they crept around the corner towards the kitchen. it seemed untouched. mike was inspecting the bar stools across from the island bench, when a pair of strong, gloved hands grabbed jane by the elbow from behind her- yanking her into an uncomfortably painful position, her arm twisting behind her as someone held her in place. another thick leather glove covered her mouth, muffling her.

she saw a tall, dark figure grab mike, too, concealing his mouth with one hand and handcuffing his wrists behind him with the other. before jane knew it, her wrists were being bounded together with the cold metal too, her heart throbbing in her throat.

she knew they would be caught eventually, but not this quickly. they had only just barely slipped out of brenners grip. how did he know we were here?

a sharp pain shot into jane's left bicep, as the person behind her jabbed a needle into her. she instantly became unstable, falling into a heap against the person. her vision was blurred, as she saw the tall and thin figure of mike get shoved into a navy blue car. she felt herself being pulled too, and her feet dragging across the dirt, but before she could try to scream for help- everything was black.

*

a bursting pain woke jane up, throbbing and tightness in her stomach. she was looking up towards a plain white ceiling, with a single light in the middle. as she slowly tried to sit herself upright, her body collapsed again. the stranger pain in her lower stomach was getting worse.

she tried once more to sit up- and was successful- to only come to the realisation that she was once again in the hospital.

she grappled lazily at her white, clinical hospital gown, and pulled it up towards her, revealing a large red scar stretching beneath her belly button and access her stomach.