Chapter 3

Chapter 3

No. I shouldn’t be. No Kimberly Baker. Just no. Quick! I need to say something back. Sarcasm mode on.

“Ha. Ha. Oh no! You caught me. Should I start my long speech of how I’m going to profess my attraction to you? Or I won’t have time for that as your going to ring security?” I said in the most sarcastic way. 

“Can I use your phone to call the police?” He said smirking. Unbelievable. I just wanted to wipe that smirk right off him. I didn’t know what to do now. What should I do now? Oh gosh he’s pretty face isn’t helping at all.

“Star struck are we?” He said trying to get my attention again.

There was no point coming up with a comeback because I know where this is going to lead. Probably him actually calling the police. I took a deep breath and looked at him. I smiled and started to walk out the door. I was already heading to the bookstore but then someone softly grabbed my arm. 

“Hey hey look I’m sorry.” I turned around and it was Ethan. His expression was genuine like he was actually sorry. “But 2 can play this game of sarcasm. Turns out I won this round.”

“This isn’t some kind of game. I don’t- I really- ugh.” I said showing my frustration. This isn’t good. “Look I don’t even know you. You bumped into me on the hallway but then you saved me from falling down. But then you completely pointed me to the wrong way to class but you let me borrow your books.”

He was just staring at me with a blank face and I don’t even know why I’m telling him all this. I looked away and looked down the floor.

“I’m just gonna go.” Walking away would be the best thing to do right now but not without getting the last word. “I’ve got other people to stalk you know.”

I said smiling and turned around and my way to the book store.

Totally won that round.

 ~ ~ ~ 

“So I can change my literature class today?” I asked the person in the administration office. She was typing away on her computer not answering my question. It look several minutes before she looked up at me.

“All done. I’ve moved you to a different literature class and you can go to that class today. It’s your first class for today.” She said handing me my new timetable.

Thinking about what happened last night, I decided to change classes and avoid Ethan. I realized as much as I get so frustrated with him… he’s not bad to look at. I don’t need that distraction. I have a lot of growing up to do. I’ve got a lot of transforming to do.

The bell suddenly rung and I head my way out of the office. 

“Wow. Is Ethan really that bad to be around?” Lily said following me.

“Yes.” I said simply. When she was beside me I saw her shrug. “Plus now we’re in the same literature class and I won’t get lost anymore.”

“Well that is true.” Lily agreed. We just made it on time for class, we took a seat at the back and waited for the teacher to start.

I was gathering my things on to my desk and I heard Lily giggle. I looked at her and gave her a look as to why she was laughing. She was looking at someone on my left. I looked to my left.

Freaking unbelievable. What was Ethan Giles doing in this class?! 

He was already looking at me when I turned around and he had the same reaction to me. He shook his head and placed his hands on his forehead. I was about to ask him why he was in this class but the teacher started to speak.