Spark

Note: -This represents an introduction.-

"I'm going to the Bakugou house! I'll be back before dinner!" Izuku Midoriya shouted from the door.

Mrs. Midoriya almost dropped the book she was reading. The Bakugou house? That was where Izuku had been going for the past few months? She knew it was a friend's house, one of Izuku's classmates, but she hadn't pressed him for a name. "Okay...have a nice time, dear!"

XXX

Bakugou strolled into the classroom early. He ignored the chattering people around him and picked a desk. He leaned back in his chair, propped his feet on the desk, closed his eyes, and focused on the pulsing beat in his ears.

The first thing Class A-1 learned about Bakugou is that it was a bad idea to interrupt him while he's listening to music.

Iida pulled out Bakugou's earbud, a large frown on his face.

On the other side of the classroom, Deku winced and nervously looked anywhere but at the scene.

Bakugou opened his eyes and glared at Iida. His red eyes were twin pools of furious lava. "What the h**l, Sonic the Hedgehog."

"I apologize, but you couldn't hear what I was saying. Now-"

"That's the point. Leave me alone," Bakugou deadpanned and snatched his earbud out of Iida's hand.

Iida protested but Bakugou couldn't hear him and didn't care. Eventually, Iida figured out that it was a lost cause and moved on.

XXX

The Quirk test the homeroom teacher Aizawa put them through went better then Bakugou expected. Surprisingly, the person in last place, Midoriya, had not been expelled.

Bakugou's eyes narrowed as he walked back to the classroom. He ignored his classmates in favor of thinking over what had happened.

Midoriya had a Quirk? One that was both powerful and broke his bones. Either he'd been hiding it for years-unlikely-or he'd gotten it recently....somehow. Late bloomers happened occasionally...But this late?

Bakugou was knocked out of his thoughts as someone cleared his throat beside him. His teacher, Aizawa, was walking next to him.

Aizawa peered at Bakugou with tired, bloodshot eyes. "You're Chuuya's student, aren't you?"

"Yeah? What's it to you?" Bakugou grumbled.

"You could have gotten in on recommendation, but you didn't," Aizawa pointed out.

"Yeah, so what?" Bakugou growled and crossed his arms.

XXX

Chuuya was counting stock on the tables. The bell at the front of Crimson Moon rang. Bakugou stomped in with a thunderous expression and slammed his backpack down on an empty spot of a table.

"Thanks for not damaging my merchandise," Chuuya observed with a smirk as he turned around. "Now...Why'd you lose?"

Bakugou glared at his boots. "I...wasn't giving it my all. I underestimated Midoriya and Round Face."

"That's why you don't half-a*s things, brat," Chuuya scolded. He lightly slapped the back of Bakugou's head. "Anything else?"

Bakugou's scowl deepened as he simply said, "My teammate was annoying."

"And what did you do?" Chuuya asked mockingly, as he already had an idea.

"I...kinda ignored him," Bakugou meekly admitted. He stuck his hands in his pockets.