Chapter 2: The Drama Begins

I could hear a lot of noise, mostly people talking. There was also a lot of beeping. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried, they just wouldn't open. I didn't understand why.

       ~Harry's P.O.V~

             Oxlee reached for my hand as we walked down the hall to go see what happened. I squeezed her hand for reassurance as I used my other hand to open the door to Allie's room. Oxlee stopped dead in her tracks and just stared, she was in complete shock at what was in front of us. The mangled, slightly bloody body of young Alllie Michaels was laying before us. Then suddenly I felt Oxlee's grip on my hand loosen as she screamed her friends name, her voice full of shock and horror. Then she blacked out. I yelled for a nurse over and over until one finally came. I was scared I didn't know what happened but she hit her head and it was bleeding, I knew for a fact though that I was scared. Finally a nurse came rushing in and she gasped and instructed me and her mother to wait in the waiting room until we were permitted to see Oxlee. The nurse came out and told us that she was in a coma and the chance of her coming out was slim. I was so lost in my emotions at this point, I had a girlfriend who was very clingy but it was kind of arranged because her parents and my parents were good friends. Then on the other hand I was starting to fall for Oxlee a girl I barely knew. Suddenly, my thoughts were broken by the nurse beginning to speak. "Mr.Styles? You may enter the room now" I stood up and proceeded to the room. I knelt down next to Oxlee's bed and held her hand while whispering to her.

"Oxlee, when you come out of this coma." I paused not knowing what to say next. "I promise i'll be right by your side." I rested my head on the edge of her hospital bed, then I heard an innocent voice ask "Excuse me asking, but who are you?" I looked up and saw Oxlee staring at me with wide eyes. I was shocked and replied "My name is Harry Styles." She nodded, and asked "Does that mean I'm Mrs.Styles?" I laughed. "No, we're not married. We're just friends." She wrinkled her nose in confusion. "But who am I then?" I squeezed her hand and she flinched. I let go and she reached for my hand. "It's okay" she said. "But please Harry, tell me who I really am." I took a deep breath in and replied "Your name is Oxlee Melissa Maynard," I paused as she nodded. "You are 16 years old," I stopped for a moment and was unsure of what to say next, then she broke out in screams. "ALLIE! ALLIEEEEE!!!!!!" she shrieked. I looked up at her, her eyes were full of fear and tears were beginning to form. I stood to go get her mother when Oxlee grabbed me by the wrist and said "Pleases Harry, I need to know where Allie is."

I sighed taking a deep breath in, and quietly whispered, "She's gone."

Oxlee's P.O.V

"She's gone." Harry whispered. My mind went blank at that moment and I let go of Harry's wrist. I could feel myself slipping into a deep slumber as Harry walked out of the room.

*2 Weeks Later*

After Allie's death, I became very depressed. I refused to leave my room, I didn't eat and I began cutting myself. My world was dark, nobody was around for me. Harry would occasionally talk to me but it was never for long as he had to work in the bakery most of the time.

I looked at the clock, then stood up and left my room for the first time in 2 weeks. Tomorrow is Allie's funeral so I might as well have left my room sometime before that. I walked into the living room to see my mom laying on the couch with her new boyfriend. I opened my mouth to speak when my mom spoke, "Oxlee, your friend Harry came to the door about an hour ago. He wanted you to call him." I just turned around towards the kitchen and walked away. Ew I thought, how could my mom just lay on the couch basically swallowing that ugly man's face? He was disgusting, but he was rich. We desperately needed the money so my mom stayed with him.

Then he walked into the kitchen. He looked at me up and down before he spoke. "I don't think we've introduced ourselves properly," He held out his hand and I reached for it."My name is Mark, i'm dating your mother. You must be Oxlee." I nodded then quickly pulled my hand away but not before he grabbed my wrist, examining the marks where I'd cut myself recently.

"You disgrace," he muttered. I looked up at him, "Excuse me?" I asked shyly. He traced his finger over my newest deepest cut and spoke in a tone that scared me "You're just another emo wannabe looking for attention so people can feel sorry for her," He made a pouty face and I opened my mouth to talk but his hand landed flat against my face.

I felt like I was hit by a ton of bricks. I could hear Mark telling my mom some story about how I punched his face and then collapsed, great I'll be punished now. I silently layed on the ground praying my mom wouldn't find me. I didn't dare touch the spot on my cheek or around my eye because I knew I would make it hurt worse. My cheek was on fire. Just then my mom walked into the kitchen. I held my breath waiting for her to yell, only she didn't. What she did was way worse.

I lifted my hand to my shoulder, I was bleeding. Thanks mom.