Chapter 1 begining

My name is Kaitlin Moore, my story's of my life is nothing special, I mean after the actually "human" lifetime is coming to an end no body gives a shit if you were rich or poor because everything else is gone. I lost my mom in a car accident when I was 5. And was living with my 2 older brothers Liam and Camron and my little sister lily and of course my dad, charley for all my life. When the world came down we were living in Boston, all of us got out I think, but really there's no way to know for sure. I was with my sister while we climbed out of my window hoping they were waiting, but there car drove away faster than we could climb down. Now 2 years have past and were living in the woods a little out side of Georgia. We have lived in the occecianal groups now and then but none of then seem to last so we leave before it gets to bad. For me being 15 and lily being 6, two Years In this world has taught me a ton of things, we have a few weapons plus a whole backpack full of food and water, I can hunt but the wildlife supply is low since the condition, but we are fortunate for what we get. With all the groups we go through I can never tell my whole past since it's to hard to bare, my father abused me, raped me, when my brothers left for collage, every day he would do it. I just wanted to protect lily so I would do anything, she's the only thing I have left of my mom to keep besides my self. So I take care of like she's practically my daughter.

"Where are we going today?" Lily asked Yawning from are fast get up this morning when the walkers attacked our camp.

"I think there's a prison up the road a ways that might have good shelter" I told her even thought it's going to take more than a day.

"Isn't that where bad guys go?" Still not knowing fully about the life we are in.

I look around to see a creek "that's where we will be staying okay?" Ignoring her question.

We pull up to a nice spot right next to the river but hidden enough for us to not be In plain sight.

"Hey can you go get me some flowers right over there while I set up the tent?" I asked her as she got up and ran a couple feet forward to a patch of daisies.

By the time she was done I was opening a can of peaches and grabbing two spoons for us to eat them with. I handed it to her and she took it eating half the peaches out of the can.

"Can I please have more!" She wined while rubbing her tummy.

"It's hungry!"

Not being able to say no I handed her the can, As she gobbled it down I knew I would probably find a squirrel tomorrow anyways.

After she finished I cleaned the can out at the river and put everything in my pack.

"Night time." I said as she climbed into bed.

"I love you sissy" she whispered.

"I love you more." Was all I said as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I decided to take a swim the river was only 10 yards away from the camp and she was still sleeping so I didn't want to wake her. I stripped my clothes and got in washing my clothes and my body and thinking about my past.

____________Flashback________

"CATCH ME!" As I jumped into liams arms while he dunked me under the water!

"Momma look I can fly!" I screamed While Liam helps me back on the dock

"You fly like a bird Kait!" She said while splashing my father.

"Weeeeeeee! I fly like a bird! I fly like a bird!"

________end__of__flashback____

My mother was always supporting what ever we did. I miss her so much.

I decided I would let my clothes dry out, so I grabbed my towel and walked to the tent.

"Lily?" I asked looking into the tent, there was nobody.

"LILY!" I yelled. As I ran around to find her.

"Sissy?"

I looked around relived I heard her voice. "Hey lily let's come out so I can See you please"

"I found a friend his name is car." She said exited.

"Let's come out of our hiding spot please and I will meet car."

"Please don't shoot him he's nice." She said obviously knowing I had my bow.

"I won't just please come out."

So my sister comes down from a tree a few yards away not hurt or bitten. "LILY." "Thank god your okay." I said hugging her tightly.

"No bites or scratches right?"

I said being motherly.

"Nope." She exclaimed my friend saves me.

"Who is your friend?" I asked looking around.

"His name is car. Come on Car come out!" She yelled.

There can't be anyone here who would save my sister that would be alone in the woods?

"Honey I don't think this is anyon-"

"See!" She squealed pulling out an attractive boy out behind the tree.

It took me a second to realize what was happening and I loaded my bow.

"Who are you?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm carl, I'm sorry I saw a walker nearby and saw that you were in the river, I see to many deaths these days and wanted to prevent one."

"Thank you. I don't think I will be able to repay you.."

"I didn't come looking for a reward, do you have a group?" He asked

"No, me and my sister have been living alone for two weeks now."

"I can take you to my group if you want, we got food, shelter."

"I want to go!!!" Lily yelled. "Please Sissy! I like car!!"

"Alright let my go get my stuff." As I walked back to camp to pack it up while lily squealed and jumped with excitement.

"And probably some clothes too." As he reminded me. I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Yeah that's probably a good idea."

_________________________

Hello readers! I hope you like my story! Comment, vote and keep reading!!!

Hailey🍉