Chapter 4 Home sweet home?

Kaitlin POV

I watched as Carl talked to a few people for a minute an occasional glaring and pointing would occur. And finally they let us In.

A guy came up to me I'm guessing the leader.

"Hello my names rick. My son carl found you two in the forest?"

I saw carl nodding his head like it's going to be all good I just took a deep breath. "Yeah, he kinda saved my sister." I trailed off. he nodded.

"How many people have you killed?" He asked.

"Only a few, they begged me to kill them." I said and sighed I wish i didn't have to do this.

"How many walkers?" He asked. "To many to count." I said.

"We will let you stay for a week, anything goes wrong your out." Lily jumped for joy after being quiet for like 5 minutes.

Rick walked up to the cells with everybody at his heels, carl right beside me. I don't get why he has been so close like seriously he decided to take us in. Give us food. Share his shelter. But I was glad, he was the only one I knew so I was glad he took us in and gave us his food because i wouldent be the same without him right now. I figured in a couple of weeks I would find other people and he would go back with his people. But I want to have it last while it still can.

"Kaitlin you will have to bunk with Carl, but if you two try anything you will get split up." He said as I felt my cheeks get hot. "Lily can sleep with whoever she wants and can sleep with Beth and play with Judith if she wants." he pointed to a blonde hair girl holding a baby and I guessed that was carls sister.

Lily squealed loving baby's, and held Beth's hand and walked off.

"Lily I yelled. She peeked her head in, stay with Beth please." She smiled waving goodbye. And left the room with everyone else.

I looked at Carl and rolled my eyes.

"What did I do now?" He asked looking up at me.

"Your cute."

"Funny cute?" He asked with a sarcastic voice.

"I'm trying to figure that out."

"Carl!" Rick calls

"Dammit." He cursed. "Stupid dad has to get In the way of everything."

He says as he walks down to the main cell.

I look down and see the he had left so I decided to take a walk and get to know some people. I walked out the entrance And saw a really pretty girl with short brown hair.

"Hi my names Maggie." She greets, hugging me. "Kaitlin."

"Your new hear I heard would you like me to show you around?"

"Sure!" I said it's so nice to talk to people.

She walks by an Asian boy and smiles as he winks at her.

"Who's that?" I asked as she turned around forgetting I was there. "That's Glenn. He's my boyfriend."

"He looks." I said

"Perfect, he is." She exclaimed smiling

"Anyway the African American over there is michonne. And the kid keeper is Beth, my sister."

"She seems sweet." I said

"Mhm she is and is a super good singer!" She says and smiles

"The old man over there is my dad."

He turned around and shook his head. "You know I didn't mean it!" She yelled at him laughing at her joke.

" it's pretty easy to get around just ask if you need anything." She said.

"Thanks Maggie it means a lot." I told her as she walked away.

She winked at me walking off the direction Glenn went.

I sighed and walked back to the direction of my cell and was looking for Beth, truth was I was super tired and needed to go to bed. I walked in to see carl pulling a pillow out so she could sleep with Beth.

She took the pillow and ran. "Bye sissy! I love you!" She ran out "I love you more" I said almost whispering. Losing what felt like a ton of energy.

I reached the bed and collapsed I Couldent make it up the top bunk so I laid there almost falling asleep until I heard carl,

"I think you need to lay on your own bed" he whispered in your ear. You felt you blush creeping up on you as you tried to get up. But you Couldent. Your body felt numb.

"Carl I can't move." You said.

He laughed "of course you can silly." He teased you.

Of course this happens to you your first day and your stupid brain shuts down.

"I" was all you could say before it went black.