Prologue

"Mama, where is Daddy going tonight?", a little girl asked, with great curiosity. She looked towards her mother in the shadows of the eaves for a possible response. Getting none she exclaimed:

"I wanna go with him!"

Both of the child's parents grimaced at the child's words. First making eye contact with his spouse, he then squatted before his daughter.

"I'm sorry my dear little Asuna, but this is dangerous business and Daddy doesn't want you to get hurt." The man Asuna called 'Daddy' stated with a silly grin. The tone of his voice playful, even if it was a serious topic. Asuna need not know of the dangerous job her father had.

As he said this she pouted with a cute expression. "But Daddy."

"No buts. No cuts. No coconuts."

"Stop being immature Najimu. Also, she doesn't need to hear those things." The beautiful woman, dubbed as 'Mama', chided. She moved towards them, the moonlight accentuating her beauty.

"Little Su, why don't we sing a song for Daddy as a farewell gift." A smile gracing her features, looking towards her daughter. Reaching a hand out towards her child to bring her side.

"Okay mama", At this Asuna's father smiled gently as she latched onto her mother's hand.

"Thank you Miri, Asuna."

In the span of time, we live out our lives
Calmness sweeps us off our feet
In the end, we are left with memories kept
Locked away as spiral down and fade away thee
As for me, I will sing the song of now
For that is all I can do
Though my memories escape me
They're a part of my heart, just as I have thought of you

Al-a-re la-ye
Al-a-re la-yo
Al-a-re la-ya-a
Al-a-re ya

They all embraced each other in a loving hug. Breaking from the hug Asuna's parents stared into each other's eyes and shared a brief kiss. A worried look appearing on Miri's face.

"Don't worry too much, I'll be home before you know it." Najimu whispered to his wife. Their child slightly gagging at the kiss. Turning to his daughter, he lifted her up to his hip. 

"You be good to your mother, and don't misbehave too much. She can't have a boring life, right?" He had a lighthearted grin, which was quite contagious, that spread to his daughter. Faces closed together and eyes scrunched shut, they rubbed noses.

Knowing that his time with his family was ticking away he set his child down. He gave them both a very warm smile.

"I must get going. Can't make my team wait too long, can I? See you once I return, bye." Najimu, now a blur, jumped to a near-by tree branch. The words of his daughter reached him even as he got further and further away.

"We love you, Daddy! Come back in one piece breathing!" Asuna yelled with her hands cupped around her mouth, grinning, as her mother stands back smiling. 

I do not own the song. Or Naruto.