prologue

Literally my first attempt at a YA. This is dedicated to Louise because she's a close friend of mine and has helped me with picking out a picture for the cover and has also kindly given up some ideas for the prologue. Thank you, Lou!

*

It's the same in all the Hollywood movies, isn't it?

You know, as a teenage girl just barely making it through high school, you try taking some time to think; anything to get your mind off your student duties. And, when you think, you tend to dig deeper in some things you never thought you'd show an interest in.

What happens in movies is the girl meets the guy and they fall in love. It always has to be some sort of forbidden love. Like Romeo and Juliet...or Meg and Castiel. The pattern is broken, their love is now allowed, and they can hold hands as they run off into the sunset together. Their silhouettes are standing so close together, they morph into one.

That's when the scene ends, and the all-too-familiar neon sign announces a happy "the end". And that's that.

But...then what happens? What happens after "the end"? What happens when the credits have rolled; when the cinema's empty?

When you snap back to reality where you're nothing but a stoner boy and a curious girl trying to make it out of high school alive?

What then?