Chapter 3

The guys were downstairs in the basement playing video games and yelling loudly. “I’m pretty sure our neighbors think that we’re either murderers or just really kinky,” I laughed.

“Hey, you can’t remember a thing. For all you know, you and Ash could be could be pretty kinky in the bedroom,” Michael laughed.

I started to blush and slapped him. “Don’t you guys have your own households to plague?”

“Yeah, but your house is the best to plague. And if you think about it this is what we always do, so we’re helping your memory,” Calum smirked.

“Well then could I play at least?” They all started at me. “What a girl can’t play video games?” I put my hands on my hips.

“No, it’s just you NEVER ask,” Luke handed me his controller and I smiled at him.

“So two on two; Ash and Katy versus Calum and me,” Michael set up the game. Ashton and I ended up beating them three out of the five games we played. “I didn’t know you were that good Katy,” Michael looked mad that he didn’t win.

“Not so bad for someone who just got out of a coma,” I laughed at my sick joke.

“How are you so good?” Luke asked surprised.

“Well I had an Xbox in high school and I played all the time,” I shrugged.

“I know you won’t remember this,” Ashton looked at me. “But she would play while we were gone on tour.”

We played for a couple more hours stopping for lunch. The guys left after I beat them all one on one. 

“That was fun,” I laughed as I started to make Ashton and my dinner.

“Yeah, I think you’ll be invited to all of our tournaments from now on,” Ashton took his turn sitting on the counter and watching me cook. He let me finish cooking and sat quietly. We sat down at the table and he looked up at me. “So what’s on the agenda after dinner?”

“We can do whatever…” I said nonchalantly, not answering his question. I saw him stick out his bottom lip pouting at me for not answering. We ate in comfortable silence for a while. Nothing ever felt awkward or forced around Ashton. “We could just lay around and watch a movie?” I suggested.

“Alright, have any movies in mind?” he smiled.

“Nope, you?” I asked and he shook his head. “We’ll find one on Netflix.” He nodded eagerly.

We finished eating and made our way downstairs. It didn’t take us very long to decide on the marvel movie Thor. After a while Ashton moved and laid down so his head was on my lap, which I didn’t mind at all. I absentmindedly started playing with his hair. He was smiling and humming with content but I soon realized what I was doing and pulled my hand away from him. “Why’d you stop? You were putting me to sleep,” he sat up facing me on the couch and pouted.