march along + whizzvin

Falling in love with Whizzer Brown, wholeheartedly and genuinely, for the first time, was a lot like growing up.

Two years ago, when Marvin's love life was a mess of selfishness and angry sex — it was wrecked with teenage stupidity, with desperation and impulsiveness. One obsessed with power and clutching to what's left of his pride; the other dancing over the cracks of a broken family portrait. Both engaged in a waltz that included stepping over their partner's toes on purpose — of letting go while spinning their lover, laughing when they fall.

After their unexpected reunion at the baseball game, reality's been a blur of soft sheets and even softer skin; caresses and sweet kisses; crinkled laughter and a buzzing yearning. The music humming in their hearts has become much slower, sweeter — piano chords whispering through their kisses, acoustic riffs purring when their skin meets. They still step on each other's toes, but the former laughter dissipates into bashful apologies. The bruises that once painted their knuckles from angry outbursts, from punching walls, were now decorated with kisses and a thumb, softly stroking the familiar skin of their soulmate.

Together, they created a new portrait — a new definition of "tight-knit family"; one without cracks they have to hop over or broken glass to avoid. One where they can march to their own song without cutting their feet.

+

Author's Note

this probably seems half-assed since it's so short,,, that's bc i have no Creativity. anyways i started a tbom oneshot book so u should look @ that if u like that musical. yeah thanks bye.