activity 1: modeling mishap

To say I was nervous about the shoot was an understatement. It took me more than three hours to get ready that morning. When I entered the house, I spotted Bobbi right away. She was talking to a cute guy. I assumed he was a model too-like me. What a thrill it was to be able to think that! I took a deep breath, sidled over to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

     "Hey, Bobbi! I'm here." I smiled at the guy and took in his dark eyes. There was something about this guy that made me shiver.

     "Gina! You're right on time. This is Jeremy." Bobbi grinned at me.

     "Hi there." I gave him a friendly smile.

     "Hi, Gina." He actually extended his hand and shook mine. I said a quick prayer of thanks that my hand wasn't sweaty!

     "Let's get you dressed," Bobbi chirped at me. She steered me away from Jeremy into the spacious living room which had a view of the large garden. I could almost imagine Jeremy and me shooting on the grass, his head on my lap, posing into the camera. I almost danced with excitement. As I was about to turn to her and whisper my awesome idea into her ear, she shoved me in front of a girl who looked about my age.

     Before we were introduced, I said, "I love your shoes!" Give me a break, I was anxious. She handed me a cute top and embellished shorts and told me to put them on. She inclined her head toward the bathroom. She wasn't too friendly. Well, at least I had scenes with Jeremy to look forward to.

     I quickly wore the clothes, making sure they didn't ruin my make up and I studied my reflection in the mirror. Now what? I stepped out of the bathroom and looked around, feeling nervous.. Then I saw Jeremy carrying poles made of metal through the glass doors. I was about to talk when he turned and gave me a smile. "You look great!" he said.

     "You aren't ready yet," I remarked. When was he going to get his hair done? It was so messy, it was bugging me.

     "Almost! It's getting dark. We thought we'd have more sun today." He stared through the glass doors that led into the garden. Then I noticed the bright set up of lights and what looked like a picnic scene. Hey, wasn't I supposed to be out there with the other models? I was about to say when Jeremy laughed. "Hold your horses. We're just shooting products."

     I was about to ask when he was going to be done when he sighed and said. "Want to help me set up? The photographer is busy so I have to do it. Come on, you can join. Or would you rather stare?"

     I threw him a shy glance but noticed that his eyes were twinkling with amusement.