1456

Chapter 1456: Nine Ying Yellow Spring Pill

"Why?"

Xiao Yan was slightly startled after hearing Yao Lao's words.

"Don't tell me that you think that nothing will go wrong while subduing the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame just because you have reached the Dou Sheng class, do you?" Yao Lao's eyes were a little strange as he looked at Xiao Yan and laughed.

"You can't even do this?" The corner of Xiao Yan's mouth twitched. Swallowing a Heavenly Flame that was ranked near the end would no longer significantly raise his strength, yet Yao Lao was currently saying that this strength was still insufficient. Wan't this a little too shocking?

"Ugh, there is only one of each of the top three Heavenly Flames on the Heavenly Flame Ranking. How could it be so easy to subdue this type of divine object that has terrified all beings?" Yao Lao shook his head and softly sighed. "I have read some ancient texts while you were in your retreat. The texts briefly mentioned some information related to the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame. The demon flame appears once every thousand years, but no one has been able to subdue it even now. You should be able to understand a little more from this."

Xiao Yan's expression changed. He tilted his in agreement. The birth of the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame would attract the peak experts of this world, but no one successfully tamed it even with its many appearances. This alone was enough to prove just how frightening it was!

Since those peak experts had ended up failing, Xiao Yan would not be able to subdue it with his one star initial level Dou Sheng strength.

"You must prepare to subdue the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame." Yao Lao's expression was grave as he spoke. Xiao Yan already boasted the strength of a Dou Sheng. If he were given an ordinary Heavenly Flame to swallow, his strength wouldn't rise much, so if he wished to significantly raise his strength again, he would need to search for the top three Heavenly Flames.

"Does that Nine Serene Spring have anything we need?" Xiao Yan asked.

"Aye." Yao Lao slowly nodded. He clenched his hand, and an ancient dark-red scroll appeared in it. A wave of cold ripple spread the moment the scroll appeared. These ripples filled the surrounding air. It was as though a cold sea of clouds had appeared. This scroll was quite mysterious.

"This is a tier 9 medicinal formula that I spent a lot price to obtain. It is called the Nine Yin Yellow Spring Pill. While you are subduing the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame, you can insert it into the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame's body. The extreme Yin force will weaken the Demon Flame, increasing the chances of successfully subduing it." Yao Lao rubbed this ancient scroll. He had paid a large price for this medicinal formula in order to take it from the hands of an alchemist guru.

"However, you need a key ingredient in order to refine this Nine Yin Yellow Spring Pill. That ingredient is the Spring Blood Crystal. This Spring Blood Crystal only forms at the bottom of the spring. Hence, you must make a trip to the Nine Serene Spring within these nine months. There you need to obtain a Spring Blood Crystal and then find time to refine a Nine Yin Yellow Spring Pill. Only by doing this will you have a higher chance of subduing the Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame."

Xiao Yan's eyes looked at the ancient dark-red scroll. He slowly nodded a moment later. The Purifying Demonic Lotus Flame was really too important to him. Therefore, he needed to obtain it regardless of what happened. If he failed this time around, waiting another thousand years for the demon flame to appear again would be extremely difficult for him...

"It has been many years since I have prepared something in order to swallow a Heavenly Flame...

Xiao Yan softly sighed after receiving the ancient dark-red scroll. He had only refined some medicinal pills to swallow a Heavenly Flame when he had swallowed the Green Lotus Core Flame and the Falling Heart Flame. Since then, he had simply swallowed the other Heavenly Flames he found. There was no need to prepare anything. It was unexpected that he needed to perform these old steps again.