The Battle of The Labyrinth

P. 89

I sank to the ground, shivering from what I'd seen. Tyson found me there in the morning, still staring at the shattered remains of the saltwater fountain.

P. 90

When Tyson and I came over, she (Annabeth) frowned. "Percy, you look terrible."

"He killed the water fountain last night," Tyson confided.

"What?" She asked.

P. 146

Before I could get up, Orrhus pounces on my chest and growled, his faces an inch away from mine.

P. 154

The tugging sensation became more intense, painful even, but there was something exhilarating about seeing all that salt water.

P. 155

Suddenly the geysers shut down. I collapsed to my knees, exhausted.

P. 175

I woke in the dark, my hands clutching at my throat.

"Percy?" Grover called from the other sofa. "Are you okay?"

I steadied my breathing.

P. 198

In no time I was drenched with sweat. My eyes stung from the smoke.

P. 204

I felt something burning against the side of my leg. The ice whistle in my pocket was getting colder.

P. 205

The first one threw a glop of molten rock at me and set my pants on fire. Two more splattered across my chest. I dropped my sword in sheer terror and swatted at my clothes. Fire was engulfing me. Strangely, it felt only

Warm at first, but it was getting hotter by the instant.

They threw more lava at me, and I remember screaming. My whole body was on fire. The pain was worse than anything I'd ever felt. I was being consumed. I crumpled to the metal floor and heard the sea demon children howling in delight.

I reached inside of myself and remembered the waves and the currents, the endless power of the ocean. And I let it loose in one horrible scream.

P. 206

The last thing I remember before losing consciousness was flying, flying so high Zeus would never have forgiven me, and then beginning to fall, smoke and fire and water streaming from me. I was a comet hurtling toward the earth.

P. 207

I woke up feeling like I was still on fire. My skin stung. My throat felt as dry as sand.

I tried to sit up. My muscles felt like they were melting.

"Stay still," a girls voice said. "You're too weak to rise."

She laid a cool cloth across

My forehead.

P. 208

I sat up, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my head. I looked at my arms, sure that they would be hideously scarred, but they seemed fine. A little pinker than usual, but not bad.

P. 209

I turned and found myself staring into a polished bronze mirror.

"Holy Poseidon," I muttered.

I looked as if I'd lost twenty pounds I couldn't afford to lose. My hair was a rat's nest. It was singed at the edges like Hephaestus's beard.

I walked over to her(Calypso) slowly because my legs were still stiff. When the grass changed to gravel, I looked down to keep my balance,

"Well," she said, trying for a smile, "the sleeper finally awakes."

"Who were you talking to?" My voice sounded like a frog that had spent time in a microwave.

P. 211

"Rest first. You are no good to your friends until you heal."

As soon as she said it, I realized how tied I was.

"And I am not your enemy, brave one. Now rest your eyes are already closing."

She was right. My knees buckled, and I would've landed face-first in the gravel if Calypso hadn't caught me.

She was very strong, or maybe I was just really weak and thin. She walked me back to a cushioned bench by the fountain and helped me lie down.

P. 214

I moved my legs they were still stiff. I was already getting dizzy from standing up so long.

P. 215

On the other hand, I really was weak. I couldn't stay on my feet more than a few hours.

P. 226

Then I noticed smoke rising from the amphitheater. Too early for a campfire, and I didn't figure they were roasting marshmallows.

"--assume he is dead," Chiron said. "After so long a silence, it is unlikely our prayers will be answered. I have asked his best surviving friend to do the final honors."

They were all looking forward, watching as Annabeth took a long green silk burial cloth, embroidered with a trident, and set it on the flames. They were burning my shroud.

"He was probably the bravest friend I've ever had. He..."

Then she saw me. Her face went blood red. "He's right there!"

Heads turned. People gasped.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Annabeth interrupted, shoving aside the other campers. I thought she was going to punch me, but instead she hugged me so fiercely she nearly cracked my ribs.

P. 258

The crowd began jeering at me and throwing stones, most of which I dodged, but one caught me on the cheek and made a good-sized cut.

P. 264

The bad news was that it wrenched out of my hand when the giant (Antaeus) turned, and I was thrown across the arena, weaponless.

P. 226

I dropped to the floor, panting and sweaty. My hands were raw from climbing.

P. 287

My sword skittered away and I hit my head hard on a worktable as I fell. My eyesight went fuzzy. I couldn't raise my arms.

Annabeth helped me up. I still felt dizzy, but we has no time to lose.

P. 303

Then he flicked his hand, and I flew across the room. I struggled to my feet, blinking the stars out of my eyes.

P. 329

My eyes burned. My lungs couldn't get enough air.

P. 330

My eyesight went black the next thing I knew, Annabeth and I were on the ground. The monster had its forelegs on our chests, holding us down.