Chapter Nine :)

Louis just had to choose that table, didn’t he? There must have been another spare table somewhere…anywhere other than here!

Liam. Liam Payne.

Of all people, it just had to be Liam. I honestly didn’t want to take another step forward.

“Aleesia?!” Louis screamed across the food court to me, “Are you coming? This table is free.”

I wanted to melt as I noticed Liam turn around in his chair slowly. He found me standing there like a fool and waved. I began to walk closer towards the table watching Louis’ facial expression change. He seemed a bit confused when he saw Liam waving at me.

“Hi Aleesia,” Liam said with his gorgeous smile. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m here with my friend, Louis.” I smiled back, introducing them. “He’s just moved in next door.”

Liam nodded, “I know.”

I froze, how embarrassing. Louis seemed more confused now.

“I don’t talk about you at school or anything.” I said suddenly, waving it off.

Louis laughed and Liam replied with a wink, “Maybe slightly… or a lot.”

“Well good bye, Liam.” I said annoyed, pulling Louis behind me. “See you at school.”

When we were a far distance from Liam, I apologised to Louis. Why would Liam embarrass me like that? He had absolutely no right to do so. No right.

Louis just laughed it off and lead me into the waiting line for Subway.

“Feel like Subway?” He asked pointlessly, I really had no choice.

“Sure.” I replied with a smile as I moved my fringe out of my eyes.

***

“So your sisters? How many do you have?” I asked, taking a bite out of my chicken subway.

“I have four sisters and all younger than me. They’re 13, 11 and the twins are 7.” He replied in between bites.

“Ah, twins!” I said with excitement.

“They are really cute.” He smiled. “So do you only have Sammy?”

“Yup,” I replied. “He’s my one and only little angel.”

Louis just smiled and continued to eat his subway.

After a while, Louis spoke again, “So, sorry, who was that guy?”

“Liam?”

“Yea, the guy who was sitting beside that table back there…”

“He’s from school. I used to really like him, but I’m not entirely sure if I still do.”

“He sounds like a jerk.”

“He’s usually not like that. He just seemed to put on an act for some reason.”

“He’s probably jealous that a beautiful girl like you is hanging around me not him.”

I laughed and glanced at the floor, “No, he knows I liked him. He could have said something earlier.”

“Maybe he’s shy?”

“Or maybe he has a girlfriend.” I said, “She’s really not very nice to him at all.”

Louis sat silenced for a moment, staring at the almost-finished subway in his hands.

“Show him that you’re better.” He finally said, looking up into my eyes.

“How?” I asked, needing to know more.

“Be yourself, talk to him. Don’t show off in front of him either. Just act normal, but as if you don’t fancy him anymore.”

I sighed, “What’s that going to do.”

“It does a lot, trust me.” He smiled. Louis seemed to know what he was talking about, but with each word, I could feel myself falling more and more for him.