1.2

PART ONE | CHAPTER TWO
THE CREW

After talking with Zoel, Darren called up Sidney.

"Hey babe... What are ya wearin'?" she said flirtily as soon as she picked up.

"I'd love to come right where you are and show you but it's not the time..." he sighed.

"Ugh." she groaned. "Okay, shoot. Whadaya want?"

"I want you to print out or send Zoel a question sheet."

"Should I add what are ya wearing on the list?"

"Sidney..."

"I'm jokin'! Jeez... I'll have it ready in two hours at most."

He heard a chair rolling on wheels around the room.

"Are you still sitting on my seat?" Darren asked his wife.

"I haven't gotten off of it since ye left."

"You're dead to me."

"Love ya too, babe." she laughed. "Who are ya checkin' out next? I hope it's me..."

"Not yet, sweetheart. Rena is next."

"I like that one! She's quiet."

"So is Zoel."

"Yeah... But I feel like Zoel has potential in the shriekin' department. I gotta test that out." Sidney muttered to herself.

"Okay. Whatever you're thinking? Erase it from your memory."

"No can do. Anyway, I'm totally sure that Zoel gave ya some of these delicious chips she makes, so get yo butt over here and hand some of 'em over."

"What are you going to give me in return?"

"Why don'tcha come here and find out?" she replied with the same flirty way she'd answered his call.

"I'll be there in two." Darren hang up on her.

They didn't get the chance to get freaky, because someone came knocking on their door.

"Okay, what the hell is Zoel talking about? Are we getting checked up? Is there something illegal going on here? Are we going to get arrested? I don't want to get arrested! Look at me! I wouldn't survive a day in jail! I'm weak!" Izzy rambled as soon as Sidney opened up.

"Slow down. Gee, yer better at jumping to conclusions than Jol is." Sidney raised her hands in defense.

Isabella Singh's mom was from earth, but she'd never met her father and her mother never really talked about him so she didn't know anything when it came to her dad. Her appearance was pretty earth-like, though. She was olive-skinned with long brown hair and big brown eyes and was always panicking about something.

She wasn't really interested in looking for her missing parent, mainly for two reasons; she believed that he wasn't worth it, since he'd abandoned her and her mom before she was born and never came looking for them and she'd be too stressed to actually interact with him if they ever met.

Darren was unaware of whether Izzy had ever been involved in any other space trips and quests because when she joined the crew she never really mentioned anything along the lines.

"What exactly did Zoel tell you?" Darren asked her calmly. His wife pressed her lips in a thin line and widened her eyes, as she turned around and walked back into the room- her arms still raised up as she shrugged lightly.

"Well, nothing. She just wrote it down because I couldn't hear her." Izzy's shoulders relaxed a bit.

"What did she write down?"