Monday Morning

As they all got ready for bed, Max and Preston went to their room.

Max flopped on to his bed and yawned, Preston did the same, and they both stared at the ceiling for a bit.

"Max..."

"Yeah Pres,"

"Did...Did that kiss mean anything? N-Not that I want it to! I was just curious,"

"Well, I...I don't know, maybe? It might have been more if it was intentional,"

"Are you saying you want us to kiss intentionally?" Preston asked with a small smile.

"N-No! I mean- Maybe? Yes? No? I don't know, this is difficult to answer," Max stammered, trying to think of a good answer that wouldn't hurt Preston.

"Right, Sorry...But, I do have one more question,"

"And that is?"

"What are we?" He said as he turned his head to look at Max.

"We're...Complicated..." Max said as he kept looking up, avoiding eye contact.

Preston sighed and looked back at the ceiling.

"I suppose you're right,"

"Not the answer you were hoping for?"

"I guess,"

Then there was silence between both of them. After a while, Max got under his blankets.

"Night, Pres," He said as he turned away.

"Goodnight, Maxwell," Preston said as he did the same and drifted off to sleep.

Max was awoken by the sound of his alarm. He groaned as he hit the snooze button.

He rubbed his eyes, and sat up in his bed. He then looked over at Preston, who was somehow not fazed by the loud alarm.

He couldn't help but feel guilty for the night before, maybe he should have said something more, it's too late to do anything now.

Max sighed, and got out of bed. Then immediately went to the kitchen to grab some coffee, because he knew the day would be hell if he didn't drink any.

Once he got to the kitchen, he remembered that Ered broke the coffee machine, and he had yet to buy a new one.

Max groaned and walked over to the fridge. He grabbed a box of frozen waffles, and put two of them in the toaster.

Max paced around the kitchen while he waited for the waffles to pop up.

While he was waiting, he heard another alarm go off in the living room. "It must be Neil and Harrison," Max said to himself.

They both go to work at about the same time as Max.

Max heard a few yawns, then footsteps going into the bathroom.

Max then thought about Nerris, shouldn't she be up too? Maybe he should go wake her up.

Max didn't even wait for his food to finish before he went to Nerris's room.

He walked up, and opened the door, and immediately regretted it.

He walked in on Nikki and Nerris making out on the bed.