THREE

一 | ACT i (DIE ANOTHER DAY)

Chapter 3. Revalations § Rebirth

( DAY 1 )

CULLEN RESIDENCE,

CULLEN RESIDENCE,

MARQUETTE, MICHIGAN, U.S.A.,

01:53 pm | 28th January 2018 

THE SOUND OF RUBBER BURNING alerted to the Cullens' to Jake and Nessie's arrival.

The trip from Douglas to Marquette had been a long one, with Jacob driving for three hours, Renesmee the remaining one and half, and throughout their journey, the storm seemed to be following them like a dark cloud.

The shifter had Anastasia slung over his shoulders when Edward immerged from the other side of the doors.

Edward hadn't seemed to be over barking orders left and right, "Jacob take the girl to the guest room. Alice, follow him."

Striding over to his daughter, "Renesmee." He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around shivering. His embrace was warm, despite his cool temperature and seemed very protective wrapped around her frail body. The world around Renesmee melted away as she squeezed back at him, not wanting the moment to end. But it does.

Somehow during the hug, Renesmee ended up inside the house, sitting on the couch now in her mother's embrace and wrapped up in a blanket as if to shield her from the world.

○○○

IN THE OTHER ROOM Edward, Carlile, Alice and Jacob gather around the body of the girl whose name hasn't been mentioned yet.

Alice managed to get all the blood cleaned up and put her in a simple white dress after Carlisle had inspected the wounds.

"Who is she? Do we know yet?" Although Alice was happy with finding the perfect dress for the unknown girl, she was undoubtedly stressed over her visions of not being able to predict the near future with anything related to the girl. But at least her face isn't hidden anymore.

"Anastasia . . . Homer. Ness and I met her earlier today at an art exhibition."

"Ah, a connoisseur of the arts at such a young age. Wonderful she and I'll get along quite well."

"Well, it was her art exhibition. The opening of her gallery, Ness wanted to go for the past few months. She'll be heartbroken if she dies."

"That must be why she bit her, but whatever gave her the idea that her venom could work?" Jacob claimed that he didn't tell her anything about Alice's visions all those years ago.