ONE

一 | ACT i (FALLING HEADFIRST)
Chapter 1. Thunderstorms § Treacherous Guilt

 Thunderstorms § Treacherous Guilt

SHULTZ PARK, DOUGLAS,
MICHIGAN, U.S.A.,
08:11 am | 28th January 2018

WITH DAWN LOOMING ON THE HORIZON, Anastasia began to pack up her time-lapse camera in its case and swung the case over her shoulder as she gathered her belongings.

Last night had added itself to Anastasia's list of long nights out. With the opening night of her exhibition and another sleepless night of insomnia, she was exhausted.

She made her way up to the end of the pathway, stepping off the grassy clearing before hopping onto the road.

Ever since she started going to the park around seven in the morning, she'd stay until she had captured twilight in her camera lens. Anastasia usually walked along the freeway on the yellow line for two hours before calling an Uber to pick her up. She liked to think that she was doing the Uber driver a favour with the large tip she left, but they both knew that she couldn't make the journey back home.

For the past few weeks, she'd been feeling like something was coming. With the massive storm following her, there as something about today that made it roar in synergy.

Earlier that night, while she was showing some guests around the gallery, when the clock struck midnight so did the storm.

The skies had been simply dark and overcast, and as she walked along the empty road destination, it crackled and down poured the heavens. 

She was soaked and the trees offered no shelter. Fumbling to keep her phone dry while calling an Uber, Anastasia didn't notice the two beams of light forcing its way through the downpour before it was too late.

○○○○○○○○○○