【4 ~ Sorry】

I walked back to the car, taking a seat on the passenger's side.

I looked down at the gun in my hand, staring at it.

I looked at Less, who was staring straight ahead. "We've never been assigned to kill someone we know." He stated. "I just..."

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"Why didn't...why didn't you just let him go?" He asked turning to me angrily. "Why didn't you just let him live and not tell Morgan?" His eyes began watering.

I continued to stare at him with my usual blank expression.

"Because it's apart of the job. I had to."

"Would you kill me if you had to?" He asked suddenly.

My eyes widened.

"No!" I immediately yelled. "Absolutely not!"

"But isn't just 'apart of the job' ?"

I stayed silent.

I couldn't tell him the truth.

I couldn't.

Or else he would've gotten hurt.

***

I couldn't do this.

Not to him.

Not to anyone else.

I felt like I had to. Like I had no choice.

But I did.

....

And I chose to do the right thing. "Get up..." I ordered him to do.

He stared at me with his watery eyes. "W-what?" He mumbled.

"I need you to stand up and run. Do you have any where safe to stay?" I asked impatiently.

"Yes." He responded.

"Good. Stay with whoever it is. Don't let anyone else know where you came from or your real name. No one can know you are alive."

"What are you going to do about faking my death? Don't you have to take my body to Morgan or something?" He questioned.

"I'll tell him I just got rid of it myself."

"Are you going to tell Lesser?" He asked.

"Less....no. I can't. I can't tell anyone. He isn't really the best at lying."

"You know he'll be pretty upset, right?"

"I know."

He stood up quickly and grabbed my shoulders, looking down at me. "Killian, someday, Morgan is going to get tired of you. Just know, whatever happens, we won't let you die. We won't."

We?

He began running in the direction opposite of where our vehicle was parked, however he suddenly stopped and turned around.

"Maybe Lilith is right about you." He said to me, rushing off before I could ask him what he meant.

Lilith? Who is Lilith?