Being Lost - Welcome

Chapter 1 - Welcome

To what I know, waking up early in the morning to a fresh new day isn't supposed to drag me by force from my sleep. Well, that's my alarm's job, not Jake's.
And when he showed up at 5:30 I wanted to kill him so badly he wouldn't have been alive now if he weren't behind the wooden door to my dorm room.

I could of slept more if only I didn't stay up all night. At some point it became hard to keep my eyes open, so I fell asleep on my roommate. Clara, my crazy roommate, wanted to arrange something cool for last night since she had a moody day and faked her illness that no one bought. She was dragged to school with threats from the teachers to call her mom which she didn't want to bother with stuff like that. So when she decided last night that she wants it to be a creepy movie night I had no choice but to cooperate.

I knew that she's crazy but I didn't really know how badly it was until she picked the two scariest movies she could find at the time and then she hid under her blanket and told me to shut it off. Our third movie was a comedy one by Adam Sandler, which didn't make her less scared but at least she took off the blanket from her face and I couldn't stop laughing at her weird and hilarious behavior. Clara might have fallen asleep right away after that one was over, but I was too busy to notice. I was somewhere deep in thoughts, thinking of how badly I wanted to sleep and couldn't shut my eyes without seeing the scary thing from that scary movie right in front of me. But somewhere between my slow breaths and Adam Sandler's jokes I found myself slowly closing my eyes, falling into a sweet sleep.

When I heard someone shouting Clara's name behind the door to our room, I think deep down in my heart I knew exactly who that was. At first, I didn't open my eyes because of the simple fact that I haven't fully woken up yet. And that was why I couldn't actually tell who was the guy behind the door cause this little piece of shit had just woken me up. But yes, It was Jake. No one else would come here and ask for Clara. At least not in that kind of way.

I leaned over to my nightstand to check what the time it was. It was 5:30 in the morning. Like my messed up life wasn't enough, I had to share a room with someone who appears to be Clara, who has the craziest and dumbest person on earth as her best friend.

In all the boarding schools I've been to, I never shared a room, yep that's odd. Twice, the management let me choose if I want to have my own room or share it with someone else, and of course, it was all about my issues and whatever.

But here, in my third boarding school this year or in my entire life, I had to. I doubt it was their decision because I think my dad had something to do with that. He always does. One disappointed glare from him and the management is lying to his feet. Important businessman or whatever.

Leaving me with two girls in the lobby, the principal told me I have to decide by myself who I want to be the lucky girl as my new roommate. I examined them carefully, playing with my fingers - a habit of mine when I'm nervous.

I looked at my left. One of the girls had chocolate-brown curly hair, sky-blue eyes and a friendly smile. She was dressed up in the school uniform, a black puffy skirt that ends up a little above the knee, a red shirt, a dark blue jacket above and a black pair of Janes.

The other one, was checking her perfectly done pink nails, wearing the same uniform, only she was wearing red hills. Eww. Seriously. For school? No way. She had straight blond hair and it wasn't mama nature who gave her that color. Her lips were painted in a red lipstick and her face looked like someone pushed it into a makeup lake. Walking forward, the brown-headed girl smiled to me, reaching a hand and welcoming me politely.

"Hey, I'm Clara. Welcome to Stony Brook fellow." And since then, I shared a room with the most cheerful, crazy, and friendly girl named Clara. New York is wonderful.