Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I remember this time two weeks ago when Clara and I were on our way to our classrooms, and somehow the topic of our conversation changed from chick flick movies we used to watch as kids to the way things work in this boarding school. I mean, we were laughing about how in every chick flick movie there would be the cute innocent girl and the bitch who would target her because of a guy. And just like that, the topic of the conversation changed to Lucy Herzstein and the hookup policy before I even had the chance to blink.

When Clara began explaining to me the chick flick situation in here, I was just half through my breakfast. It was a giant and super delicious pancake and three cups of coffee standing in line waiting for me to finish them all. Obviously, I really love coffee. I wouldn't call myself an addict but some people might think I am. I just like to think that I'm a big fan of this type of addictions and that it's something that makes my day completely different than without having a cup or two in the morning along with my breakfast. It's really funny to see how my breakfast looks near anyone else's. For example, Clara decided to take an apple because as she keeps saying, she's not a breakfast kind of person. To be honest, I'm pretty sure that she didn't eat breakfast because all the crap about the diet thing she read in the magazine a few days ago. When I asked Jake about it, he just shook his head with a smile saying that she will drop it in two days or so, God knows, that he was right.

Clara's hookup policy was simple. Don't let guys into the room and that way you keep yourself out of trouble. And to make a point, she told me about her last roommate, who was caught under the sheets with a guy in their room by one of the teachers. It sounds scary I know. But it's not that horrible as long as they don't involve your parents in the matter. Jake was an exception, and Clara even tried to make a joke about him being a girl undercover, but I doubt he could have had a pair of decent boobs instead of his chest muscles.
After making sure she warned me about the so called policy, Clara began discussing Lucy Herzstein and some of her nasty girls. She mostly focused on describing Lucy's personality and appearance, since it seemed relevant to her. She told me of how fake and two-faced Lucy could be. That she is the kind of person to smile at you sweetly and then act like a total bitch when she knows there's no one who can witness the show. She tried to explain what type of bitch Lucy is, the hot blonde beauty queen who's also cruel, rude and revengeful.

Clara looked absolutely serious that I thought her eyes would pop out of their places. One sure thing about the lifeless girls around here is that they have no clue how strong their perfume is. They put so much perfume on that you can die from a lack of oxygen if you're too close to them.
When Clara reached her third point, I knew they were trouble. She warned me of the two well-known heartbreakers, but I already knew to tell they were assholes the first time I've seen them around.

Jordan was an attractive little horny rat if you could call that tall hunk 'little'. He was confident, he was rude, and he had no shame. I kinda liked it, as long as I was watching in from afar. Ryder was the mysterious type. He was handsome, he moved gracefully, and his appearance was captivating. I don't think people could resist stealing a glance at him when he passed by. I know, cliché. I guess I could call him whatever I'd like; a player, badass, manwhore - all of it seemed true. I know that I shouldn't judge people by their looks, but it was too obvious. Clara's main warnings were pretty much reasonable.

The 21st day at Stony Brook boarding school.

When you think about it, you don't remember what you did in every single day of your life. You remember only the special days, that you want to remember. Sometimes it's the days you want to forget the most. Something happened in those days. Something that meant a lot to you. Something that you saw and what you saw shocked you, surprised you, made you happy, sad, anything that has something to do with your emotions. Today, was one of these days. Today, something caught my eye, something that was hard to avoid.