C2 ≫ A Savior or a Pervert?

The Priest and The Witch II
➖➖➖

After getting the information and receiving the mission, the bound-to-the-cross Luciel started panicking as he shouted in his mind. [Escape? How am I supposed to that! I'm burning, I'm burning! Damn system, I don't wanna be barbecued QAQ!]

Looking at its hysteric host, The system held his head helplessly for awhile, he knows that picking souls is like gambling and that there are bad ones sometimes but this one is especially bad. As Luciel's shouts rang in its ears, the system slowly felt a vein starting to pulse on his forehead as the hosts incompetence met him head on.

【Calm down host.】Sealtiel said impatiently. He didn't want to hear anymore of this. Scoffing, you could practically hear its eyes rolling.【Did you even read storyline?】

[skimmed it.] said Luciel with full confidence, as if it were a thing to be proud of.

【...】 Sealtiel shook his head. Not having the energy to continue it sighed.【Well... all you have to do is wait anyway...】

[Wait?...Wait for what?] He questioned the system.

However the system just rolled its eyes and ignored him.

Shouting a couple times only to keep getting ignored by the damn system, Luciel turned quiet as well. Unsure of what he was 'wanting' for, Luciel's boredom slowly increased so he decided to reread the information about the storyline the system gave him.

Finishing it something caught his attention.

"Libra attacks this plaza and manages to kill marec..."

"Libra attacks this plaza..."

"Libra attacks..."

Like an echo that phrase repeated in his head a couple times.

As if lighting striking him Luciel came to a realization. [Escape while they attack! When Libra attacks the plaza and causes chaos, I can sneak away! Such a masterful plan right my dear system?]

【...】 Hearing this Sealtiel choked a bit. oh my dear host, how impressed am I with your high IQ! (_ _|||)

With such information in hand, Luciel's face hardened as he stilled his nerves, he did his best to calm down as he waited for Libra to make a ruckus in the plaza to create an opening to his grand escape.

However the waiting 'master' plan wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. It was seriously no joke getting burned at the stake, and quietly waiting for something you were unsure of when is coming made it even more stressful. Of course, It didn't help that the Searing hot flames rose up the dry wood quite quickly, by now nicely sizzling his calfs a bit.

The flame came up all the way to his knees when finally the massive explosions he was eagerly waiting for rang throughout the plaza like party poppers. The grand flames expanded like mushrooms into the sky, making this lonely moonlight night only illuminated by the fires under the witches completely light up.

Hearing those deafening sounds, Luciel's face lit up too as he instantly started crying out of happiness. Ah finally coming! He really thought He's going to die!(iДi)

Those explosions were definitely a sign of some sorts as witches who were hiding amongst the sea of people lifted their hoods and started chanting weird words that shouldn't be able to be pronounced with normal human speaking organs as they rushed towards the center of the plaza where the crosses were put up.

With the witches in the area exposed, people panicked. In desperation they fled the plaza, pushing, trampling and even climbing over each other. Like a tsunami they rushed for the exits, desperately running for their lives as they shouted for priests to save them.