Chapter 1

Winter's POV:

My mom woke me up by shaking the bed. "First day of school sweetheart!! Get up and get ready!" She chirped. "Ugh!!" I threw a pillow to her and another over my face.

"Do I have to go?" I said, removing the pillow from my face.

"Yes ma'am. Now, get up darling! You have an hour."

I get up and go to my huge walk in closet. I picked out a "Paradise" flowy top, high waisted dark washed jean shorts and a pair of light blue Vans. I decided to wand curl my hair. After that, I brushed my teeth and headed downstairs. My brother, Chad, was eating a bowl of CoCo Puffs.

"Morning turd." He said, laughing.

"Morning to you too!" I laughed and took a seat in front of him and grabbed a bowl and poured the cereal and milk. He finished fast and told me I had 10 minutes. He was my ride to school.

He was almost 18 and a Senior, but me, I was almost 17 and a Junior. He looks out for me and protects me. It's really annoying, but I try not to let it get to me.

I finished my cereal, went upstairs, grabbed my bag and phone and sat down in the loft waiting for Chad.

"Ready?" He asked, coming down the stairs.

"I guess." I shrug and we both walk out the door.

We had just moved to California from North Carolina. And honestly, I sort of wanted to move. I don't miss anyone but Rylie, my bestfriend. We FaceTime every single day but I still really missed her. But, I had to move on and make new friends here in California.

We got to a huge building, the school. It was forreal larger than N.C.'s Central Mall.

We went to the front desk and got our schedules. We parted our ways as he went to the 5th floor and I went to the 2nd floor.

I went straight to my locker and put my bag inside and closed it. I bumped into someone and hit the floor. Of course id be the one to trip and fall, especially on the first day of school. I turned around to see a guy about 6'0 stand up and reach out his hand. I smiled and took it as he helped me up off the ground. "I'm so sorry about that." I started to blush.

He laughed and said, "it's fine. I'm Tyler." He shakes my hand. "Winter Grace." I smiled at him and he did so back. "Are you new?" He looked deep into my eyes. "Sadly, yes." I looked down, embarrassed. He laughed. "Can I see your schedule?" He asked me. I handed it to him and he said, "We have every period together but 7th." He smiled and I did the same.

He walked with me to class and even sat down behind me. The whole first period, he kept playing with my ear or my hair. A smile was plastered on my face the whole time. Lunch came really fast and before I knew it, I was sitting with Tyler and his friends. "Hello there." One of Tyler's friends grinned and sat down in front of me.

"Hi." I blushed.

"I'm Jack."

He was tall, had brown hair, and he was funny.

I met another Jack, Jack Johnson and he was tall but not as tall as the other Jack. He had blonde hair and was also funny.

I met Taylor, which had braces and was really fit and cute.

But Cameron, he was the hottest and funiest of them all, and he was fit and you could tell he had abs.

"So, what's your name?" Cameron asked me after Tyler introduced everyone.

I blushed and said, "Winter Grace. But you can call me Winter if you want."

"I'm Cameron, but you can call me tonight." He smirks. All the boys said "OHHHH!!"

I felt my face burn and I looked down at my tray. Cameron nudged my left elbow and smiled at me. "That was so cheesy!" I laughed and said. He laughed and kept looking at me.

"So, where'd you come from?" Taylor asked.

"North Carolina."

It got dead quiet at the table then. "What?" I laughed. They just laughed and kept eating. The whole lunch, they asked me questions and I asked them some. Cameron did get my number and he kept texting me throughout the day. I loved it.

The day went by in a blur and before I knew it, we arrived back at my house.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys! It's my first fanfiction, so no hate please! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Vote and even add it to your library! My Instagram is ceseliee_1 if you all want to see what I look like and stuff. Thanks!😛