Chapter Two

Jordan

Jordan

"Five, Six, Seven, Eight. I got hair and clean underwear. Look at my hang time. Look at my hang time.", Brandi sung as we walked back to the house.

When Jayda and I picked her and Tray up she told us that her friend showed her this video on Instagram and now she won't stop repeating it.

"Brandi please, enough is enough.", I said chuckling as she pouted.

"Ok fine.", she said as she walked in silence.

"Aye J. I have a question?", she asked.

"Shoot.", I said as we turned onto our block.

"Can I get a phone for my birthday this year?", she asked and looked up at me.

I knew damn good and well I could not afford to get her ass a phone. I could barely afford to get them the clothes and shoes that they wear. But, I didn't want her to think I couldn't get her the one thing she asked for. Considering Brandi never gives me problems or ask me for anything, I figured I could try and make it happen.

"What kind of phone do you want?", I asked.

"An iPhone. It doesn't have to be the latest version, I'm fine with the 6 or even a 5.", she said causing me to smile. She is so sweet and I love that she isn't so worried about rolling with the crowd like the rest of the fucking kids in this neighborhood. My brother included.

"Alright I'll see what I can do.", I said as she gave me a hug.

When we walked up to the front door I seen a piece of paper taped to it. Snatching it off I read that it was an eviction notice. I crumbled it up and put it in my pocket.

"Aye Jordan what was that?", Tray asked.

I shook my head.

"Nothing. You know how those Jehovah witness people be putting stuff on the door.", I lied as I unlocked the door with my key.

Once everybody got in I closed the door and headed upstairs. Honestly I was over today and I already knew tomorrow was going to be even more hectic now that I have to find away to get the rent money.

"Jordan!? You not gonna eat?", Brandi asked me stopping my journey to my room.

"Nah go ahead. I ate earlier today so I bought that pizza for y'all. Make sure you throw the box away Ard.", I said.

She shook her head, since she had pizza in her mouth.

I laughed and went upstairs.

Once I got into my room, I threw my phone and keys on the dresser and took off my shoes. My feet were killing me, not because I was on them all day but because my damn shoes were to small.

I took my socks off and threw them in the dirty clothes bin and got in bed. I didn't care that I had street clothes on I needed some sleep, since that's the only time I'm not stressed out.