Chapter 9

I woke up in the morning, my eyes red and puffy. I had cried myself to sleep last night, trying not to regret a thing. I was still wearing the same cloths as yesterday. I got up and washed my face with cold water, then changing into one of my favorite band tees and light washed skinny jeans. As I walked down stairs everyone looked at me. "Uh hi." I said, taking my usual place at the table. Mrs. Paula came over and set a cold bowl of oatmeal in front of me. Fantastic. "Kris, some boy has been coming over all morning asking where you were, we kept telling him you were asleep, but he may be coming again soon."  Oh gosh, Brent. I tried changing the topic. "What time is it?" I asked. "10:30." Once you sleep late you can't shake it off. "But that's besides the point, whoes the boy?" Did she seriously just ask that? "Just a old friend from school." I said sighing. She nodded like she understood. "Okay." She said simply. I finished the breakfest and got up to do something but before I could Mrs. Paula stopped me. "Hun, don't let the others get to you." I just nodded and headed towards the TV room. Maybe she did understand.

An hour later I was watching Full house when I heard a knock on the door. Were the social workers coming early this month? "Kristen its for you!" Mrs. St. Claire screeched. I got up and walked to the door. I guess I had forgotten my whole situation because I was a bit surprised when I saw Brent in the doorway, hands in his pockets. He looked worried and eager. His hair was everywhere, he had the same cloths on that he had yesterday. His expression changed to releif when he saw me. "Kristen, we really need to talk."

I walked down the street with him in silence. Today was the first of many that would be un-tolerable coldness. "What do we need to talk about?" I asked him, pretending to not be aware of what happened. "You know what we need to talk about. Why did you run away from me?" He sounded hurt. He had sadness in his eyes. Was I really such a part in his life? "Because.... it just hurt too much." I whispered in a barely auidble voice. "What hurt?" He asked me. "The fact that I had to say good-bye." He looked confused. "No body wants me, Brent. No one. Im somebody that can't be liked, can't be seen. Things go wrong when i'm around, so thats why I just hide away. I'm un-likeable and you just took pity on me because of my situation and i'm done with stuff like that. I've had enough of people faking to actually care about me, thats why I left, because i'm done with all of this." He didn't look at me. "Did you ever think, that it hurt me too, having you leave me like that?" I didn't think of that. I opened my mouth to say something but he wasn't done. "Kristen I was worried. I thought I messed up. I spent all night thinking about you, what I could have done to hurt you. I came by every hour waiting for you, to see your face, but you wern't there, you can't imagine all the things that went through my mind." I fell silent. I was being really selfish. "Brent, you need to know that none of this would ever be your fault. If I stay with you things will get harder, for the both of us. I like you and all but I just can't do this anymore. If having one friend means getting bullied constantly, feeling the need to crawl up into a little ball and just die, then i'm afraid it may not be worth it." He thought for a moment. "I'm not giving up." I shook my head. "Brent I think, I KNOW that you can handle this, but me, I just dont think I can. I know that I'm selfish but I just can't put up with it anymore." He took my hand. "Kristen, I will do everything I need to do to make this worth it. There won't be a day or night that I stop thinking of ways to convince you to stay with me, be my friend, make you happy. Everyone deserves to be seen and heard, your one of those people. I need you please just don't walk away on me again." I was shocked. What had I just heard. I was bewildered. Some one just showed me.... compassion. "I-um I think that i'll stay with you." Releif washed over his face. "This is gonna be hard but i'll make it with you." I said bumping his hip. He laughed. We took the walk back to my house, loving every minute of it. 

Howly jesus the feeeeeels I liked writing dis. Let the relationship begin ;) lawl