four

*Indigo*

"Yeah, it is." I give Evie a small smile. 

"It's ugly," She laughs. 

"I could say the same about your face," I mumble, looking her in the eyes. Almost everyone gasps while Harvey and Isla try to hide their laughs. 

"You're the ugly one," She cackles. The sound hurts my ears. 

"Mmhmm, sure," I laugh before turning to my friends and smiling. "You ready?" I ask them. They nod and follow me into the school. Once we're clear of Evie and her little posse, Harvey turns to me. 

"You're insane," He laughs. 

"I just told the truth," I shrug.

"No one. And I mean no one stands up to Evie like that!" Isla laughs. I shrug. 

"Maybe someone should," I shrug. Harvey rolls his eyes as he notices Jace walking towards us. 

"That was cool," Jace gives me a small smile. I shrug. He gives me another smile and I force one in return. "You're really cool," He emphasizes. 

"I thought I was strange," I laugh. He sighs. 

"Well, your name is. But you're really cute. And beautiful. You're very beautiful," He blushes. I roll my eyes. 

"That's sweet. But see, you have a girlfriend and I'm not interested in someone two-faced." I give him a big, confident smile before walking back to my friends. 

"Wait! Indigo, that's not what I meant-" His sentence continues but I don't care enough to pay attention to it. 

You're too good for boys like Jace Coleman, Indigo. Way too good.

---

I'm sooo tired uhggg.