7%

As soon as I heard Asano's name, my skin crawled, yet I was intrigued to see what he wanted. Despite being Ex's we were actually pretty close AND on good terms unlike my other, previous classmates. I sighed thinking about all of the events that had happened in the earlier in the year, and the years prior to my eighth grade year. All the bullying I suffered. All the insecurities I now faced. All because of what happened with Ren.

I erased my thoughts and took a deep breath before entering the living room. Miki sat twirling her hair on our red, velvet couch. As I walked past her, I was bombarded with the scent of her favorite perfume from Bath and Body Works. Miki held out her arm. "Halt." She commanded.
"What?" I rolled my eyes at her.
Miki aggressively chewed her gum and proceeded to blow the biggest gum bubble she possibly could before finishing her thoughts.
"Everything okay today?"
"Yeah."
"Really?"
"Yes, Miki." I groaned. "Can I go now?"
"Fine." Miki rolled her eyes and continued to pick up one of her magazines and began to flip through the pages.
I felt my stomach tighten, my knees wobbled, my skin sweating. Not a panic attack. Not now. I slowly unhinged the door locks and pulled the door towards me to reveal those damn lavender eyes. Asano lifted his pointer finger and motioned for me to come outside. I nodded and closed the front door gently behind me.
     "Karma-"
"Asano. What happened, happened. What is done, is done. As much as I want to go back and fix what has been broke. I can't. I wish things could go back to normal but things were meant to be this way."
  Asano took a deep breath in and sighed. "You're right." He muttered. "Karma, look. We've known each other since grammar school. I know you, Karma. It just sucks seeing someone who you know is a genuine person have to suffer the way you have. Adolescents are so cruel these days."
I scoffed. "They've always been. People have always been assholes. People are just so sensitive now. "

Asano rubbed the nape of his neck. "If you need me. I'll always be here."
I nodded in response. Thankful for his kindness. "I must take my leave before Father finds out I have snuck out."
"Until we meet again." I trailed off as Asano walked down the cement porch. Asano turned around halfway and flashed me a small, somber grin. It made my heart ache. I don't know why. Anything nostalgic makes my heart ache immensely I can't even stand it. Something about Asano's smile just clouded my head with old thoughts and memories.
"I have to call Nagisa." I murmured softly followed by one of my infamous squeals.

____\_
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed! I'm going to start updating this book more! For the next chapter, would you guys prefer if I wrote about Karma's past and why she transferred to E Class or would y'all like something more lighthearted? You decide!