A Work of Fate

Y/N - Your Name

"Thanks" - Speaking

'for' - Thoughts

"Reading!" - Magic/ Super Moves

Let's begin!

Disaster.

That was the only word that could even begin to fathom what he saw.

All he could see was rubble, smoke, and flame. He had won the war, but at what cost? And for one wish?  

"Oh.. my.. God. What have we done."

It wasn't a question, but more so a statement. Y/N knew full well what had happened, and so did that damn overseer. Kotomine. He wanted to strangle that old man, but before he could even form his thought, a feminine voice pierced the cacophony of catastrophe.

"I've joined this era three times, and each and every war merely becomes but more brutal."

Saber, clad in armor, spoke. Standing next to him was not his servant, but his friend. He had known her for what felt like years. They had laughed, cried, and more than anything, fought together.

 She stood tall, a firm expression on her face, but he could tell. Below that unmoving  gaze, was pure anguish. She hadn't wanted this, not again. 

He could fix this. He had to. He clutched it tighter in his hand. The Holy Grail. The omnipotent wish-granting device. The goblet that ruined his life. Swallowing a wad of spit, he proclaimed  his wish. 

"I just wish that this could have been different. No, I wish we could leave this world, and seek refuge in another."

"What? Wait (Y/N) Sto-!"

Her cry was halted by the feeling of weightlessness all over their bodies. It tingled, as though their muscles had fallen asleep. As they lifted, (Y/N) noticed something. 

He was disappearing, and so was Saber. 

"Saber!"

"(Y/N)! Whats happening?"\

Before another word could escape their mouths, they vanished into the air.

A/N: Aaaa! Thank you so much for reading! Sorry for such a short chapter, but I just wanted to get this off the ground. I've always had scenes like this play over in my head, and I decided to let the demons dance. Please comment any thoughts or ideas!