Chapter 15

KATES POV

Jake and I woke up at about the same time. I got up and got in the shower. I washed my hair and body and shaved my legs. Once i was done I got out and went back to our room.
"Babe what are we doing today?"
"Going out with Aley and Mikey. Casual" i nodded and went to my closet.
I picked out a white Levis shirt with blue ripped skinny jeans and white sneakers and put my hair up in a pony tail.

Aley and Mikey got to our house

Aley and Mikey got to our house. I was downstairs in the kitchen when they walked in and Jake was just coming out of the bathroom.
Aley was wearing an AC⚡️DC shirt with ripped skinny jeans and vans.

We all went to our own cars and Jake and I followed behind Mikey and Aley

We all went to our own cars and Jake and I followed behind Mikey and Aley. I plugged my phone into Jakes aux in his car They Dont Care About Us by Michael Jackson came on. I started dancing in my seat while singing the song. As the song slowly came to an end i see Jakes camera pointed at me and a little red light flashing.
"Babe. You were recording me?" He laughs and nods. He has this huge smile on his face. I look at his face and just smile. Thinking to myself. How did I get so lucky? He's perfect. Perfect body. Perfect jawline. Perfect smile. And its all mine.
"Why you staring at me babe?" Jake asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Just thinking about how lucky I got when I met you," I smiled. We pulled into the mall parking lot next to Mikey and Aley. Jake leaned over and left a soft gentle kiss on my lips. We both got out and the boys walked behind Aley and I.
"Bro Im so in love with Jake," I said looking at her and back at him.
"Hes in love with you too. I see the way you two look at each other." We smiled at each other.
"But you and Mikey look so happy and adorable together."
"We are. He makes me the happiest ive ever been." We walk around the mall. Aley and I went into a shoe store and the guys stood around us still talking.
"I want all theses adidas and all these vans. I cant choose." I whined.
"So get them all" Jake said.
"But itll be almost 200 dollars,"
"Babe ill pick one from each then ok?" I nodded and he picked a pair of adidas and a pair of vans.

I smiled as I bought the two shoes

I smiled as I bought the two shoes. We walked around the mall more and then went to Applebees for dinner.
"We're going to Clinton road tonight. Aley, Kate you in?" Jake said looking between the two of us.
"Yea fine with me," i said taking a sip of my drink.
"Ill go,"Aley said laying her head on Mikeys shoulder. I saw him smile and look at her like shes the only girl in the world. I smiled at the love he showed for her then Jake kissed my temple and we looked at each other smiling. We got our food and ate, then Mikey and Aley went to pick up Tyler as Jake and I went back to our place. We ended up having some fun before Mikey,Aley and Tyler got here. Once they did we put on music and just sat around. I was playing around with the music and put on I Got A Pocketful Of Sunshine. Aley and I lip synced it and danced around like Emma Stone in that movie. After that Love Lies by Khalid and Normani came on. I forced Jake to get up and dance with me. We all were smiling and having a good time. Then we heard gun shots outside. Jake laid me flat on the ground laying on top of me. Mikey was on top of Aley and Tyler. Jake and Mikey had Aley, Tyler and I crawling to the basement. We went downstairs Mikey and Jake right behind us. We called the cops and hid in a room.

THIRD PERSON POV
Jake was sitting with Kate as she cried silently in his arms. Everyone was scared and shaking. Aley was in Tyler and Mikeys arms crying as well. They heard the door upstairs break open and people walking around. Jake held Kate tighter as she cried harder. Aley crawled over to Kate and they all sat in one big group hugging. The shooters came running down the stairs.
"Jake Dufner," they yelled, "We know you're here and we want you." Kate shook her head as Jake stood up. She stood up with him.
"Please dont go," she whispered. He hugged and kissed her.
"I love you with all my heart. Remember that." He said as he kissed he once more.
"Jake, please," she cried, "I love you." He looked down and walked out the door. She fell to her knees and Tyler hugged her. She stood up and ran out the door. Only to see Jake get dragged upstairs. A gun to his back and he just looked at her. She ran up behind him but they were already gone. She fell to the ground. Curling up into a ball and crying.

~~~~~~~~~
I held back tears writing this woah.