Chapter 1: New Time, New Crush

Previously on Life is a Killer Grade:

"19...65..." Three. I felt my body drop to the floor. Everything blacked out, completely. Something was happening. I didn't know what. Then, everything went blank and dead silence fell. I couldn't move. Finally, on the inside, I felt dead. I wouldn't move and something didn't feel right...

For what seemed like decades, I didn't feel dead on the inside of me. The last thing I somewhat remember was being in the bathroom at the mall. My eyes are shut, I'm not moving. Suddenly, I have strength to flutter my eyes open. I'm staring up at a blue sky with little bits a clouds. This isn't the mall...

I slowly sit myself up and take in my surroundings. I was laying down on some soft, green grass in a park. How did I get here? Where am I? I ask in my head. There's not that much around here. I decide to get up and look around. There are beat-up, small houses with fences going around the perimeters of the yards. This place doesn't look so good. This doesn't even look like any part of my town. It has better houses than these.

I stand up and stuff my hands in my pockets. "Sheesh, this don't look nothing like home," I say to myself. But then I realize... Since when did I ever have an accent when I talk? I look around once more in confusion. As I'm glancing around, I see a gas station not to far from where I'm at. I squint my eyes to see what the sign says. "DX," I say out loud. I then thought that if I go to there, I can find out where I'm at.

I walk down the sidewalk and finally reach the DX. The place looks nice for a town with not much to have. I walk inside the shop, when something catches my eyes. A handsome teenager standing next to the counter talking to, who I'm guessing, is his working partner.

He has short, golden, greasy hair. He had a unbuttoned button-up shirt that read "DX" in the corner, with a white T-shirt underneath. He's wearing dark blue jeans with black sneakers. He looked movie-star gorgeous. Was this love at first sight?

As the handsome man's coworker walks into the back door behind the counter, I slowly walk up to the pretty boy, not making too much eye contact. I'm a really, really shy girl, so I'm not that great with talking to new people. When I reach him, he turns to me with a wide smile. I can't help but give a small smile back to him.

"Hi there, can I help you?" he says with a happy tone. I slightly nodded my head.

I shyly reply, "Uh, yes... What is the name of this town?"

"This here town is Tulsa. Tulsa, Oklahoma."

Oklahoma?! How did I end up here?! "Oklahoma?"

The guy smirks. "Yes. Tulsa, Oklahoma. August 27, 1965. It ain't much, but it's something. Why you ask? You lost?"

1965... Where have I heard this before? "1965?!" I yelled, very anxiously. He looks at me confused.

"Why y'all surprised about that?"

"I'm not from this time!" I explain. "The last time I remember, before I was here, was that it was 2014!"

The guy's jaw drops. He's very surprised by this. "So you from the future?" I nodded my head fast. "Oh sheesh... That's a while ahead... Where y'all from?"

"Pennsylvania."

He widens his eyes. "That's far out from Tulsa! I wonder how you got here!"

I shake my head. "I know... And the bad news is that I got nowhere to stay. I don't know anyone or any place I could go to."

He brightens his eyes and smiles. He offers, "You can stay with me! I'm pretty sure my brothers won't mind one bit!"

"You sure? I don't want to take advantage in stayin' at your house," I question. He nods back at me.