Chapter 3: New Feelings and Facing Socs.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of voices coming from the living room. I slowly open my eyes and lift my head. I let out a groan of tiredness and close my eyes again. Then, I hear a noise in the room. When I open my eyes again, I see a clear view of Ponyboy's face right in front of mine. "Morning," he says with a smile. My eyes widen, I quickly sit up, and I let out a loud, high-pitched scream.

"AHHHH!!!" Ponyboy quickly backs away, like he had just saw a ghost, while tripping over something on the ground and falling back.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," he apologizes. The door suddenly opens with Soda and Dally appearing in it. They both have worried, frightened face expressions.

Soda speaks up sounding worried. "Is everythin' okay, Crys?" I nod my head. "Why'd ya scream?

"I accidentally scared the poor thing while she was wakin' up. I didn't mean to. I thought she already knew I was in here," Pony sympathetically said to Soda.

Dally cuts in, "Oh, shoot, kid. Don't go all scarin' her to death." Sodapop laughs.

"You should probably get dressed an' all, Crys. We're goin' somewhere today."

I ask while I tilt my head a little, "Where are we going?"

Dally looks at me with a strange face that seems evil, but yet, it's not. "You'll see." He walks out the room to the kitchen. Oh god. The sound of that sends chills down my back. What is he going to do to me? Soda must have saw my face so he chuckles and speaks up.

"Don't worry, kid. He ain't gon' do nothing to you. I'll be with him just in case he tries to do anything. In fact, the whole gang's going." I let out a small sigh of relief and smiled at him. "C'mon, Ponyboy, let her get dressed," he says, motioning Ponyboy to leave the room. He looks back at me. "I got you some clothes on that table there for you to wear for now." Then, he leaves the room, leaving me still sitting on the bed. Such a sweet guy he is... I'm so happy to have someone amazing in my life like Soda. I really like him, but I don't know if he likes me back just as much as I like him. Maybe he does.

I get out from under the blankets and look at the clothes Sodapop left me. It's one of his shirts, I'm guessing, with some grey sweatpants and his black shoes. It all seems a little big, but I don't care. It'll have to do until I come back from wherever I'm going to today. There's a towel and a brush next to the clothes for me to use for when I get out the shower. I grab everything on the table and head out to the bathroom.

The whole gang is in the living room or the kitchen either snacking on chocolate cake, watching Mickey Mouse, or both. And I'm directly talking about Two-Bit doing both. He's shoving his face with chocolate cake and has his eyes glued to the TV. I let out a laugh and he turns to me. He then says smiling with his mouth full, "What?" I let out another laugh and continue walking to the bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom, looking around at how much bigger it is than mine back at home. It's spaceous enough that I don't hit my elbows on the wall. I turn around to close the door, but as I'm about to close and lock it, I hear a voice call my name. "Crystal," says the voice. I couldn't really recognize who's voice it was. I hadn't really gotten to know the gang very well yet just by their voices. So, I opened the door to find Steve looking at me. He looks kinda cute standing there.

I smile at him and say, "Hey Steve. What did you want?" He didn't move a muscle. I giggled. To get his attention, I teased, "Earth to Steve, are you there?"

Steve then snapped out of thought. He was probably daydreaming. He blushes and finally says, "Oh, uh, h-hey Crys. I, uh, just wanted to give you some stuff me and Johnny got for ya at the store today." He then removed his hands from behind his back and hands me a can of hair gel, like they one they probably use for their hair and some hair ties. "Make yourself look like one of us," he says, grinning at me. I smile as I look at it. They're making me feel and look like one of them. I look back up at Steve.