Chapter 8: Making a New Friend and Fun Time at the Theater

*Crystal's Point of View*

As I creep around the outside theater full of people, I try to watch for my closest surroundings. I don't want to be jumped by anyone again. I see how dangerous it is here in Tulsa than back at home. More crime happens here than anywhere I've been, but I'm glad the boys have my back. Without them, I'd probably be dead by now.

I try to sneak around the building without drawing anyone's attention towards me. I finally spot Ponyboy and Johnnycake sitting in chairs in the front row of seats. "There they are," I say to myself as I hide behind a wall. I creep around the corner and pass the stairs leading to what I'm thinking is the snack stand. Ooo, I'm gonna go there once I get to the boys. I think to myself.

Man, I couldn't stop thinking of what just happened right before I came in. Dallas Winston kissed my cheek. I didn't think he would have had feelings for me, I thought I was just a little wimp to him. I guess not since he did that to me. I didn't exactly know how to feel about it. I kinda like Dally, but I also really like Sodapop. Those two I have been the most around ever since I got here and I guess I must have grown to like the both of them. This is all such a mess in my head... I thought to myself. My feelings are all in such a huge jumble.

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings as I thought of Dallas and Soda and I bumped into someone coming toward me. The person had popcorn and sodas pushed out of their hands because of me. As I gasp and bend down to pick them up, I exclaim, "Oh my god, I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention and-"

The girl's soft, soothing voice from in front of me cuts in. "Hey, hey, hey, don't worry about it. It's okay." She chuckles and bends down to help me pick up the spilled food and drinks. I look up to her to see who she is. She gives me a small smile as I look up from the ground to her.

The girl in front of me is very pretty. She has wavy, long, red hair that gives off a soft shine from the light of the street lamps. She had brown eyes that sparkled as well. Her skin was a bit pale. She wore light red lipstick. I couldn't help notice that her clothes were very pretty. She had a long-sleeve cream sweater with a plain red skirt. Her shoes were a medium brown, which matched her eye color. This girl is really pretty. I think to myself.

"I-I-I..." I stutter as I'm bent down, trying to speak to her. "I can't help but admit that you are... Very pretty."

She smiles wide at me. "Aw, thank you. You look pretty yourself, too." She starts to pick up the popcorn and soda. I smile back and begin to help her. "I have never seen you before around here. Are you new in town?"

I had totally forgotten that this was my first actual conversation without the gang around me. I didn't know what exactly to say yet. As we stand up and walk to the garbage can to throw the food and drinks away, I say, "Um... Yes, actually. I'm just came from Houston... I always visited my friends here. Then I moved here not too long ago."

"Very interesting. Houston, Texas." I nod my head nervously at her. "Well, welcome to Tulsa." She giggles at me and I nervously giggle back. "Here, we have two different groups of people. In my opinion, they both seem the same to me."

I pretend I don't know what they were and ask, "What two groups are there here?"

She pulls her hands out in front out and puts two fingers out on one. With the other hand, she counts off the two. "Well first, we have the Socials, also known as Socs. They're the kind of rich people. They've got some fancy cars, nice houses, most things you could imagine." I nod and act interested, even thought I already know this stuff. "The other group is called the greasers. They're the more low-middle class compared to Socs. They don't have too much, but they seem kind of happy with that. Both groups fight with each other so much. Sometimes they're so cruel to each other when they could all just get along together. It saddens me to see them like that..."