Hold Me Down

"Maya. Hart. HART! Wake your ass up!"

"Huh.. wha...?" I wake up with a splitting headache. "Where am I?"

"You're in the top of my tower Maya. Those are quite the bruises on your neck... what happened?" I finally look over to the voice that sounded familiar.

"Farkle. Did your dad hand the company down?"

"Yes, but that's irrelevant right now. The bruises Maya. Who gave them to you?"

"We used to be friends. He got mad because I put a mural on his fucking building."

"Lucas... That asshole."

"Yeah. Because I did one lousy mural on his building. It wasn't even his biggest most expensive building! It's a run down piece of shit."

"Maya I can help you, but you have to calm down."

"What do you think you can even do to help me Farkle?"

"Well," he says as he adjusts his tie. "You just have to work for me. You don't have to take a stupid desk job, but you understand how well advertising plays into sales. Use those skills of yours to help me sell my products. You can keep doing your other murals too, but twice a month, you gotta do a mural that'll sell my product."

"And I get what out of selling my soul to a three piece?"

"Maya. Naive and holy Maya. You get protection. I'm the second richest man in this town, but I do it all legally so the public eye sees me as the richest. Obviously I don't run the town, Lucas does. But I can protect you, for a price." I go to sit up but I only make it to my knees before he stops me. "Stop. You get a room in the tower. Bodyguards when you're painting, armed, of course. Everything you want. All you have to do, is be mine."

"Farkle..."

"You can see other people all you want, but at the end of the night, you're in bed, with me. Doing what I want. I won't force you if you aren't in the mood because I love you Maya."

"Where's the contract? Which dotted line do I sign?"