Chapter 7

^^Carson

For Thanksgiving that year Raysen went with me to my grandparents and met most of my dad's side of the family other than my dad, step-mom, and siblings because they were celebrating it with my step-moms side of the family. My dad wasn't happy that he missed Raysen but other than that my family was happy to meet him. My grandfather and oldest cousin really liked him after the scared the life outta him. My grandfather can be really intimidating until you get to know him and my cousin, Ty, is a really tall and buff guy and was in the military before getting medically discharged with a shot to the shoulder. They sat there and talked about baseball, cars, and guns, which Raysen didn't really like. He knew how my family was about their gun rights but he himself didn't really care for guns, but they still had a good time. Raysen got along and fit well into my family which made my heart swell in pride knowing how awesome my boyfriend really was. When Raysen did meet my dad he was nervous but there wasn't anything for him to be nervous about. My dad and I aren't that close and the only reason they were meeting was that I was picking up Carson, my little brother. Even though Carson was in junior high (6-8) we were really close and his mom and our dad weren't getting along so he asked if he could spend the weekend with us. I brought Raysen just in case. My dad wasn't happy that when he was meeting Raysen we were there to get Carson but honestly, I didn't care if my dad ever met him. I know that sounds harsh but my dad was hardly involved in my life and rarely did anything for of with me, so why should he get to meet the person I'm sharing my life with right now and possibly the rest of my life with. He chose not to be in my life so why should he get the choose whos in my life. I was better off without him and got a better dad. That dad was the one who got to have an opinion on Raysen. Thankfully Raysen and Carson got along really well, like best friends good. Carson is the youngest of my siblings and was like my child so I was really happy when they got along so good. Raysen did well with Carson that weekend and all the following ones that we had him.