3) Red Solo Cup

Wednesday Night of Gig 'em Week

My friend Meagan knew a girl who was having a small party, so we decided to go to it for the night. Everyone there seemed to be older than us, I'm nearly positive that we were the only freshmen there. A guy who we met on the first night at the party that got busted by the cops, whose name was Travis, came with us. He probably only went with us because he was interested in Meagan. It seemed like all the boys we met were interested in her. Which I understand, Meagan is a very pretty girl and she has this sweet, southern accent that I think a lot of boys find attractive. (Side note: during this time, Meagan had a boyfriend but she broke up with him during this first week of college. Also, Meagan is currently engaged to be married in a few months which is weird to me thinking back on these parties together and seeing as she's only known her fiance for a year).

Travis' nickname was "Butters", like one of my favorite characters from South Park (the organization that he's in gives people nicknames as a right of passage kinda thing).

When we got to the house that the party was at, a group of maybe 20ish people were playing various drinking games like Beer Pong & King's Cup. We all found beer to drink and started playing King's Cup (some people call this Circle of Death, look it up on google if you don't know what it is). What matters is that the purpose, like all drinking games, is to get you drunk fast.

Everyone at the party seemed to be picking on Meagan and me to get us to drink more faster. For example, every one picked us as their "mate/date", when they had to pick someone to drink they usually picked us, etc. They also made silly rules for the King card like every time to drink, you have to take a little imaginary green man off the top of your drink, and when you were done you had to put him back on. Like I said, weird. It's kinda amazing that we didn't get more drunk than we did that night.

After we left the party, Meagan Travis and I all went to Taco Cabana (it was around 2am by this point). Food always tastes so good to me when I've been drinking. :) We talked at Taco Cabana for a while, then we parted ways and I went back to my dorm for the night.

NOTE: I promise these parties/stories get more interesting, just wait ;)