Rashid x Reader: Alone Time

A/N: Rashid guys. RASHID. XD First off, I love his theme. I could listen to that on repeat forever LOL Second, ISN'T HE SO HANDSOME!? And his optimistic personality and witty charm just get to me man >w<)//  His role in the story mode really got to me so I felt compelled to write for him. Really hope you enjoy some wind boi. UwU

"More tea mamn?"

You looked up at the beaming waitress with weary eyes and nodded. As the waitress topped you off, you checked the time on your phone for the upteenth time and opened your messages. It had been at least two hours since you text him. You were actually starting to get worried more than anything, so you sent a quick text. You huffed in frustration and took a swig of your iced tea. Worried or not, he was definitely gonna pay the bill if he managed to show up.

Just at that moment you heard the bell to the cafe chime, but you had long given up hope and didn't even bother to look up.

It wasn't until you had seen the figure take the seat across from you that you turned up your gaze, only to see the very man who had caused you such strife: Rashid of the Turbulent Wind.

"Hey," he said, flashing his signature debonair grin.

"Really," your brows furrowed fiercely, "You made me wait for two whole hours," your voice quickly rose, "and all you have to say is hey!?"

Rashid threw up his hands in defense, "C-calm down. I can explain."

"Hmph," you crossed your arms and leaned back, ready to hear his sorry excuse for being late.

"Well, first of all, you look absolutely stunning today. Really those colors look--"

"Rashid," you growled.

"Alright, alright," he motioned behind him, "Didn't you happen to notice the old man isn't here?"

"Huh?"

It hadn't even crossed your mind. Azam was always right by Rashid's hip, you figured he was already there by default.

Rashid scratched his sideburn, a smirk tilted to the left of his face, "I...kinda wanted to spend time with you alone, so I ditched him."

You blushed a bit at this, but nevertheless you kept your guard up, "Well, that still doesn't make up for me waiting two hours," you stirred your tea with your straw, "You're paying."

The man scoffed, feeling betrayed,

"Do you know how hard it was to get away from that guy? It took all the smarts I had just to get him to take his eyes off me," he puffed his cheeks,

"That Azam is like a super trained assassin eagle."

You giggled, a forgiving smile spreading across your face, "You're hopeless."

Rashid's expression softened as he gazed at you, the woman who had snagged his affections.

Suddenly, he stood up and took out his wallet, tossing some spare bills on the table. You kept a curious stare as he approached you, not exactly sure what was happening.

Rashid extended his hand, not a single word leaving his lips.

"We're leaving already?"

The beautifully tanned man chuckled and rolled his eyes, his smile widening to a grin, "Just come on."

If you knew Rashid at all, he was not a man to disappoint. He probably had something up his sleeve. At this realization, you placed down your tea,

"Alright," you stood and slipped you hand into his,

"Let's go then."

~

"Which ones do you like better?"

"Does it matter? You don't even need glasses, you dud."

"Yeah, but, don't they make me look smarter?" Rashid said, striking an "intellectual" pose.

You rolled your eyes and whipped out your phone for a quick second, making a few taps before replacing it in your pocket. Just then, Rashid's phone buzzed and he promptly checked it.

(nickname)(1)

smh.

Rashid looked up from the screen only to see you shaking your head in playful disapproval.

"Oh," Rashid put back the glasses, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "quite the jokester are we?"

Before you could even react, Rashid fingers were already at your torso. You cringed at his touch, you lips parting with laughter. The people at the market stared at you two with judgy stares o which you took notice.

"Rashid," you said inbetween laughs, "everyone's staring at us."

"Hmm," Rashid stopped his touchy torture for a moment and looked around. He stood up straight and grinned,

"Maybe you all could take a picture! It'll last longer."

You blushed at Rashid's happy, yet underlying snarky comment. He could really be so bold sometimes. Then again, he was always like this when it came to you.

Before you could even react, the exuberant man grasped your hand, practically dragging you down the crowded street,

"Let's get outta here!"

You stumbled as he pulled you along, you nearly falling a couple of times,

"S-slow down, you dummy!"

~

After a seemingly short day, you and Rashid had found refuge along the roof of an inn. It was already nighttime and the sky was wonderfully filled with a myriad of glittering stars among the various shades of midnight blue. The slight breeze whisked through your hair as you leaned against Rashid, his breathing shallow and steady.

Sure, the day may have started off a bit rocky, but you had enjoyed it more than you thought you would. Being alone with Rashid for just this day was so much fun. You got to see him be more comfortable and more importantly, more affectionate. His gazes were mischievous and his sneaking touches to your body didn't go unnoticed. You could tell he'd been wanting this for the longest time, his attitude giddier than ususal.

Now, though, all was still. Rashid's thumb gently rubbed against your forearm, a long sigh escaping him.

"You should escape from Azam more often," you said, looking up at the relaxed man.

He chuckled, looking back at you with a soft eye, "Yeah..."

Your cheeks heated a bit as he stared at you, his deep brown eyes filled with nothing but the deepest affection for you and only you. He was everything you had ever dreamed, your Rashid. He brought his hand to your cheek, your nuzzling into it like it was your only lifeline.

"I love you, Rashid," you said on a whispy breath.

His smile widened at your words, letting them sink into his mind,

"I love you, too, (name)."

Rashid leaned down and placed a passionate kiss on your supple lips, the gentle pressure making your face a bit hotter with each passing moment. You chuckled as you separated, his beard tickling your lips. Rashid's arm pulled you in closer as you buried your flushed face in his homely chest, inhaling the intoxicating small of his cologne.

Meanwhile, in the distance, a lone man was departing from his station. Said man had secretly been following you two the entire day, all unbeknownst to you and Rashid. He had seen how perfect you two were for each other, and he willingly respected your boundaries which was why he was taking his leave at that moment.

A wide smile spread on his cheeks as he crossed his arms and shook his head,

"Master..."