1-10

Hello fellow readers! I'm not sure if any of my readers notice I've been reading this super long novel. The female lead Su Qi Qi is the eldest daughter of the Prime Ministers, she was chosen as the Empress, however because she's not as beautiful and smart as her younger sister, Su Meng Ru so she's been disgracefully replaced. Instead she's becomes Er Wang Ye's [1] (Mo Wen Chen) imperial consort.

[1] 王爺 Wáng Yé is an informal way of addressing a prince or a vassal king.

Upon their wedding night, instead of consummating their marriage Mo Wen Chen orders her to the laundry department saying she's his disgrace/humiliation. She has been washing clothes for two month since marrying into the Wang residence. Mo Wen Chen's female cousin, Hua Qian Zi bullies Su Qi Qi because Su Qi Qi has stolen the imperial consort position she's been working so hard to obtain. Su Qi Qi's mother is not favourable by her father so she takes in all the humiliation she suffers in the Wang residence as she doesn't want to implicate her mother in any way.

Su Qi Qi appears ordinary and has no special talent at all. One day Mo Wen Chen is poison and all the doctor are hopeless without able to find a cure, Su Qi Qi knows medicine ends up saving him. Here we see one of her many hidden talents, she is well versed in medicine, in order to save him she uses her own body to treat various herbs and etc to find a cure for him, she even drinks his poisoned blood and tries the antidotes herself. In order to obtain one of the special medicine, she reveals another talent of hers. She's well versed in the Gu Qin. [2]

[2] 古琴 Gǔ Qín is a plucked seven-string Chinese musical instrument of the zither family.

This novel reminds me of Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang, because Mo Wen Chen starts to fall in with her due to her talent not because her beauty. However I think that's the only thing that have in common. I will definitely will not be picking up this novel as any future translation project as there are way too many chapters. But I might consider summarizing the chapters in group of 10 if anyone is interested in following the story development. eg Chapters 1 – 10, 11 – 20 and etc. As usual I'll translate the first chapter just to give you a glimpse of the novel.

Synopsis

Disclaimer: Synopsis have been translated by me

Because her appearance is not breathtaking, the Emperor broke off the engagement and bestow her marriage to the bloodthirsty, ruthless, and cold-blooded Second Prince (Wang Ye). On her wedding night came endless humiliation, the genuine Princess Consort has become a deserted women. A foolish women rebirth, she no longer expect his love, in this world, she must be amazingly talented and have beautiful diction, override above the nine night.

bride1

Chapter 1 – Remarry

The clear winter night.

Su Qi Qi dressed in a red wedding dress, in the Ding Bei Hou[3] residence she sat waiting in the bridal chamber, her hands tightly twisted in one place, as her palm slightly sweated.

[3] 定北候 Ding Bei Hou should be the title Mo Wen Chen is bestowed by the Emperor

The xi pa[4] hid her tender face, no one can see her upset and helpless expression, this was a marriage destined with no blessing, but she can only become an unwelcome and passive puppet.

[4] 喜帕 Xi Pa is a big red veil that covered the bride's head during the wedding and throughout the ceremony. It is only removed upon the groom entering the bridal chamber and consummate the marriage.

She, Su Qi Qi, was the Prime Minister's legitimate eldest daughter, she was also the Emperor's first anointed Empress candidate, however on the wedding eve... an imperial decree came, from an Empress degraded a consort, she become the laughing-stock of the world.