31-40

Chapter 31 – Things have changed

Su Qi Qi was waken by a burst of noise. Upon opening her eyes, she see's Mo Wen Chen was long awake, he winked at her ignoring him she turns over and continued sleeping. He got up and walked to the edge of the bed, laying down next to her as he gently embraced her waist.

...... Su Qi Qi froze upon Mo Wen Chen's actions, not daring to open her eyes. Even with her eyes closed she can still feel his burning eyes on her back. Mo Wen Chen smirk by her reaction.

Mixed with emotions, her heart-felt heavy. She didn't dare to ask for Mo Wen Chen's love.

Once the noise gradually decrease, Su Qi Qi suddenly open her eyes and quickly got up: "They're... gone."

Looking at Su Qi Qi so flurried action, Mo Wen Chen smile more, he also got up to leave the bed: "It seems that, things have changed."

Su Qi Qi also understand and nodded, it must be some in turn event has occurred, she was worried about her mother: "I want to...... go check on my mother."

Since leaving the Prime Minister residence, her heart has been uneasy.

"I'll send someone over." Mo Wen Chen understand it only natural for her to worry about her mother, but he was unhappy because it seems this is all she cared about. (Aww is someone jealous now? Does Qi Qi not care about you enough?)

Su Qi Qi didn't say anything, she has now chosen to stand by Mo Wen Chen's side regardless of the outcome. There was no turning back, she will not regret it. She just hopes her mother is alive and well.

Study Room

Mo Wen Xuan's face was dark and gloomy, below kneeling was Su Shi Shang who was trembling, with his head low.

"You raised such a good daughter." Mo Wen Xuan mercilessly thrown the memorial that was in his hands, a loud roar, together with the ink stone on the side knocking spilled the ink all over Su Shi Shang's face.

Su Shi Shang was distress but did not dare to move, kneeling as he trembled with fear, not daring to breathe, at this moment he really wanted to chop Su Qi Qi into ten thousand pieces. Indeed he has raised a good daughter, she has back out on the promise she made yesterday.

Mo Wen Xuan recovered from his burst of anger, flicks his robe and expressionlessly turned away. To deal with Mo Wen Chen, he didn't want to directly confront him, instead he wanted to borrow Su Shi Shan hands, regardless of whether the mission is a success or failure, he can retreat.

Su Shi Shang only dare to lift up his sleeves and wipe the ink wiping his face after Mo Wen Xuan disappeared.

The palace was quiet for a few days, Mo Wen Chen sent Lei Yu Feng to personally go to the Prime Minister's residence to see if Xiao Die is all well.

Su Qi Qi didn't leave the palace she reside, instead Su Meng Ru will occasionally come to visit and pretended to be very concerned about her elder sister, asking all sorts of questions. Obviously without getting anything out of her.

Since they were young, Su Qi Qi has never been hostile towards Meng Ru, however since their identity is different now, it seems like this was the only way they can treat each other.

This day, when Su Qi Qi was pulled away by Su Meng Ru to see the Empress Dowager, Mo Wen Chen left the palace alone. After getting get rid of the bodyguards Mo Wen Xuan sent to spy on him, he went into an end of a deep alleyway, where a small yard situated. Lei Yu Feng was in the middle of practising his sword skill

Mo Wen Chen: "Good sword."

Lei Yu Feng was a little dissatisfied with Mo Wen Chen's actions, since arriving in the Imperial City, they have been very careful not to be detected: "What are you doing here?"