Preview

This is just a simple preview/excerpt and has not been edited.

Read/comment, and if you like, vote. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

Diana sat there calm, in the middle of a shady room with a singular dimmed bulb light that hung from the concrete ceiling. Her very form exuded elegance with her wavy blonde hair that fell on top of her shoulders. She wore a short black sleeveless and cleanly pressed Christian Dior dress that fit her to a tee, matching with crimson red wedged heels. At first sight, a person would find her very appearance in that room unusual. Yet there she was. Her very stature unsettling due to her ability to look pleasant in the middle of an interrogation. All Diana did was sit they’re, staring at the glass mirror that dueled as a window that has likely observed countless of other suspects. She was unmoved by the two men and their distasteful suits as they stood before her, taking their turns in badgering her into a confession. However, the badgering was coming to a closing. 

“You know, I’ve met a lot of sick son’s of bitches but I gotta say you take the cake. Did you think you could get away it? You know that is what everyone thinks, isn’t Siri? That they can just get away with it.” Detective McGregory said with such contempt and disgust in his voice as he stared down at this deadly dame seated before him. He stood tall, nearly towering over her as he leaned against the shiny worn-out metal of the table opposite to her. His index finger lightly pounded against the metal as his steel blue eyes bore holes into her head attempting to break her exterior in anyway he could.

His partner, Detective Siri, having had his turn with the silent suspect, simply leaned back against the concrete wall in his grungy old suit. He had one hand in his pocket and the other wrangled into a tight fist. 

“They always do.” He replied. 

“But they always slip. Let me tell you, Diana. We know you slipped and made a mistake. Its only a matter of time before we find that mistake and prove you murdered Dr. Quentin Gavial.”

In that moment, after nearly three hours of complete and utter silence on her part, she looked up at the detective. Hidden in her eyes was a sickly smile.

“Well, Detectives. This was a lovely chat but I do have things to do. And you have nothing to keep me here. ” She said in a soft nearly musical tone in her voice as she stood up from her seat and walked to the door without so much as being stopped. She had been unfazed by their futile attempts to squeeze information from her. 

 As she opened the door, she turned to look at Detective McGregory and Siri. 

“You have been wasting precious time on me to find a mistake for a crime I did not commit." She said with a concerning look on her face but in seconds that look shifted and her thin perfectly red stained lips partially curled into a small smirk. 

 “Lets see if you can prove it.” 

 Those were her final words before she waltz ever-so-gracefully out of the police station.