Chapter Forty

After we all reconnected it was becoming dark, so we all decided it would be best if we all found somewhere to spend the night.

Traveling at night was not the best idea.

We ended up in a small convenience store like half a mile away from Colins, the place was almost empty of supplies.

But i had the cans i found at the house and water so we all decided to share them, we all sat around a very small fire Aiden made in a metal bin.

"So, what's your guys story?" Aiden asked Pete and Brad.

Pete looked to me, mentally asking if he should tell my brother that Colin was his father. I shook my head in response, it was to soon.

"Same as most, family died and we just kept on surviving. By any means possible."

"Killed anyone?" My brother asked nonchalantly.

I elbowed my brother in his ribs, sometimes that boy has no filter. "Oww! What was that for." He asked me like he hadn't said anything wrong.

"It's fine, yeah I've had to kill two people." Pete said sadly.

Aiden was about to ask more questions but stopped him self when he saw me staring at him.

"So what are you guys going to do? You could come back with us if you want." Brad asked hopefully, someone has taken a liking to us. No surprise.

But then a wave of anxiety and guilt overtook my body, since they most likely don't have anywhere to go back to. I saw Ethan look at me, looking equally as guilty.

"Yeah maybe." I said to Brad quietly.

Aiden was about to question me, not knowing that i let a horde walk in the direction of the camp. This time it was Ethan who elbowed him.

Aiden just rolled his eyes, and tuned out of the conversation.

"We actually have a base its full of houses and supplies, hot water and electricity. It surrounded by metal fences, it used to be a army base we think." Ethan spoke.

I tapped Ethans shoulder, pointing my head to the door. He understood what i meant and nodded in response.

"We will be back in a minute." I say, Aiden didn't seem fazed he got my phone from my bag and started playing doodle jump while the other two boys just nodded.

Me and Ethan grabbed our weapons and headed out the front door of the store, being as quite as we could and shutting the door behind us. "What's up?" He whispered but i knew he knew exactly what was up.

"What are we going to do?" I ask him, he pulled me into arms after hearing my voice full of guilt.

"Well we have two options." He whispered into my ear sending shivers down my body. "The first one, we don't tell them and we ask them to join us. If they accept they will most likely want to go back and they will see if its fallen, which i might add might not have happened the horde may have just walked past the compound its not like the people there are noisy. But if it has fallen we just acted shocked, and if we do this we cant tell Aiden. Then we go back to base. And option two is..."

"We do that." I stopped him that was a good plan, i live with a lot so a little bit more guilt wont matter.

He nodded into my neck, "I'm with you, what ever you do you need to know that i am always with you. I love you more than anything on this planet."

"I love you too Ethan." I spoke honestly.

I pulled his head from my shoulder and placed my lips slowly on his, just a small quick kiss. But a meaningful kiss.

"Lets go." He said.

I nodded and we walked into the small store, Pete and brad looked in our direction but Aiden just stayed staring at the phone.

"Would you two like to join us at our base, its safe and there is plenty of room." I said after sitting down next to my brother.

My brother was the first to speak. "Wow you hardly know these guys." He said.

I just shushed my brother and looked towards the couple infringe of me, they both looked at each other and did a subtle nod.

"Yeah we would like that, we ain't close to anyone at home anyway. There are kind of jerks, because they are older they think they are better." That sent a wave of relief through my body, relieving me of some guilt.

"But we will need to go back and collect our things." Brad said.

For fuck sake.