1: Drew Westly

I don't understand people who fantasize about meeting a strong, evil, wolf-man who goes around crushing everyone's dreams until he changes his ways in the end for love.

I mean, I guess a lot of us dream about masculine men with nice abs who would care about us no matter what. Plus there's the security of him never leaving you cause you're "mates," or whatever, but the whole finding a mate thing sounds too easy to construct.

If someone falls in love with you the second they look at you, there's no build-up. Those people who actually live these fantasies out never truly get to experience the act of falling in love with someone. They just immediately feel those emotions.

Yet both humans and wolves want this type of relationship so badly. Let me just tell you, I've grown up on both sides of the story, and they both have it all wrong.

Werewolves think that humans are weak, fragile beings who are better off left alone, and humans think that werewolves are just a lonely girl's wet dream. Neither of them have perfect lives yet they both have some sort of God complex over these ideals.

All the broken girls, human or werewolf, fall in love with the alpha.

Well, let me tell you right now that my alpha is not attractive whatsoever, and I definitely won't be falling in love with him any time soon. His name is Alpha Adam, and he's in his mid-40s with a mate, and two pups, Chloe and Dylan.

I don't know, I guess I'm just being bitter about it all but considering I grew up on the outside, I think I can see through it pretty well.

You see, I grew up as the only halfy in our pack. Halfy is the slang term used for someone who is half-werewolf, and half-human.

Some werewolves decide to marry humans if they lose their mate, or if they fall in love with a human before meeting their mate. And that is exactly what happened to me. My mother was human, and my father was a werewolf.

The sad part about it is that werewolf births are very dangerous for humans, so my mother died right after she had me.

Luckily, my dad eventually found his mate, Leila, and had a son named Carson. Because Carson was born a normal werewolf, he can do all the normal werewolf things.

As for me, I can hardly do half of it. I'm a bit faster and am a little stronger than the average human, but I really can't do anything cool besides mind linking. No, I don't magically turn into a wolf or do any of those fancy things my pack members can. The only real reason they let me stay in the pack is because halfies can also have mates, and having someone leave the pack could make it more difficult for them to find their mate.

The other problem is that halfies don't have a very strong nose, which means that when they meet their mate, it normally doesn't affect them as it would a normal wolf and they sometimes don't even know that they have met their mate. Most people see this as an issue, but I don't see why that's so bad. It just means that I can choose to ignore my mate, and it won't hurt me that much.

My mother's parents know that my father is a werewolf. They told them right before they had me, so I sometimes go and stay with them when the pack is putting me into too much emotional distress. They're pretty nice, but I haven't made any human friends so it gets pretty lonely when I take up residence at their place for a while.

It just really sucks when your people tell you that you're not one of them, yet you're still an outsider when you escape to your other half.

For years I've just been hopping back and forth hoping to one day venture off to Fogdel.

Fogdel is a pack full of halfies. It's basically where couples go to raise their family after being laughed out of their packs or to escape judgment from the other wolves.