Chapter 3 |:| Iacon

"Every truth becomes a lie
I won't trust myself"

«— • —»

     Finally we had reached Iacon after a two hour train ride. Now you might be wondering how a famous gladiator like me could possibly do something like this without getting swarmed. Well it's easy, you just threaten to kill anyone who decides to get to close. And that's exactly what I did. I literally went up to the first bot who wanted my photo and said, "Take my picture or come any closer and I will rip your helm from your neckcables and watch your corpse burn," their faceplates afterwards were hilarious. Sometimes I wished I wasn't a well known gladiator. Especially one who was known for not showing her faceplates or emotions.

I lead myself and the trio off the train station and towards the Hall of Records. The main place I would be guarding. I checked my internal clock and noticed it was 4:30pm. The three and I had about an hour and a half to get rid of before I had to leave to get ready for the festival. Speaking of festivals on to wall of the train station was a poster. It said, 'Festival of Light' '7pm - 10pm' 'Iacon Hall of Records. Once I saw that I knew there would be a lot of bots coming. Nearly everyone uses the railway and is bound to see this. I knew my job was going to be hard, definitely with how big the Hall of Records actually is, "Hey, Nightrage?" Blackhawk asked, her red optics scanning the area. I looked to her in a questioning manner she turned to me fully, her faceplates full of fear, "Why are we here again? This place is a lot bigger than Kaon," I smiled under my mask at her. Did I ever say how easily I could laugh? Well now I just told you.

     My smile faded as I looked over the city. It was quite big, now I would have to give them all my comm number so we could contact each other, "I am here to do a job. You guys are here to have fun. Take my comm number so we can contact each other we will meet at the Hall of Records at 6pm. Do not be late, the festival will start soon," they nodded and took my comm number. I took one last glance at them before turning on my heelstruts and walking towards the Hall of Records.

«—•—•—•—»

The sight of it was beautiful. The Hall of Records, it was decorated and glowed in the light of the setting sun. Banners and light wreaths were placed evenly around the Hall. I knew this would be one of the most lively festivals of the year just by looking at all the decorations. Then I started to wonder how the trio were doing. I knew when a bot was saddened or not feeling good, and all three of them were like that. Wait. Why did I care? I shouldn't be thinking about them. They are not my concern I am here to do a job. But then again I did bring them here. Ughh, Stop worrying Nightrage! They can take care of themselves. Why am I starting to care? Is it because I feel lonely? Weak even.

Is it because I know I need somebot to talk to? Why was it so hard? Why, why, why, WHY. That word gets annoying sometimes. I wish I could stop asking why, and wishing for things I know I will never get. You know what, after this I need to cut myself off again. I can't afford to get close to others, after all being the lone wolf is a lot easier than rolling with the pack.

I walked up the steps of the Hall of Records, the entrance looked just as beautiful as the rest of the building. It had adalaska vines that had flowered around the doorframe, the soft metallic cyan petals glinting off the sunlight. Just above the adalaska vines were two large banners sporting the Iacon insignia. It made me smile under my mouth piece. In Kaon we would never have something so beautifully decorated, or even such an event as big as this apart from probably the tournament in a few meta-cycles.