The Story-Killer

Returning to the crime scene, left Trick well beyond surprised. The once 'normal' corpse was transformed to solid wood, post-mortem, and left in a striking pose, with a long metal nail smashed into the poor sod's nose.

The pose, the nail, the disfiguration of the, now, wood skin... the beast Trick is tracking not only stole this woman's soul but disrupted her afterlife even more by destroying any physical peace her body might of received.

The beast who did this is nicknamed to both Heaven and Hell, as The Story-Killer. A mass murderer who kills and positions their victims in striking poses, much alike with fairy-tales. This demonic escapee serves as much time on the overworld as Trick, they enjoy the sun on their face, the feel of the grass and the sound of their screaming victims- Okay, maybe that last one is just the demon... And like always, the police will simply file this in 'unsolved crimes', whilst Trick hunts and deals with this beast.

Trick walked nearer the crime scene, soon realising the red tape, he'd accidently bump into the Police Captain and the Primary Detective on the scene a moment later, taking whatever classification he might need to get closer to the Cadaver.

Once this is done, he inspects it, and clarifies what Wards, Spells or Incantations might of been used during the excavation of the soul... But something was different, there wasn't anything. No Rituals, no Incantations nor spells, nothing forced this soul out, someone stole this body, found it's exit and then turned it to wood post-mortem after their disappearance- The beast was there, the previous night, and most likely left the body moments before Trick stumbled upon it. It knows Trick is hunting it, so surprising the beast is off the table...

"...The Story-Killer is using these bodies as jokes, as forms of amusement to their own sick appetites.." Trick said, with a taste of disgust.

A police officer, Female, with dark hair and a cold look in her eye marched over to Trick, pulling him to his feet, "You want to tell me what business you have at this crime scene, Sir?"

Trick, being at a loss of words, avoided the question, "I... find this death interesting, don't you? It's as if the skin was completely replaced, with not a spot of blood spilled.."

"...Wait, you're the guy, yeah?" She said, without a second thought, "You're that mental guy from that hospital that blew up on St. Michael Street, quite honestly most of the department thought- and still think you blew it up.."

He'd smirk, "Flattering- but no, it was a demon." As Trick would quickly drop the classifications, running away from the crime scene, nearer the Alley he was the previous night.

"..I s'pose he's more mental than I thought.." Looking down, picking up a ring Leo conveniently dropped. She'd pocket it.

"...Could'a swore there was a police box there a moment ago." He stared at the street-corner, "...Eh, suppose someone wised up and moved the damn thing, that or the bloke realised that this ain't a damn Sci-Fi and  ran for it."

As Trick walked into a separate bar, and hanged up his coat, going up to the office on the second floor, "Home, sweet home.." He said, opening his cabinet, looking through whiskey bottles, "Started a case, made a new friend, got a lead on the Killer and made said 'friend' wander off with a tracking-chip, think I deserve a little swig..."

He downs a drink, the door slamming behind him.