A Drink To Go

Leo 'Trick' Horus, Conman and Thief, Battler of unholy creatures and Sorcerer of the dark arts.

it was a regular night- or at least his definition of "regular"... He stalked a bar, in search of his prey. Preferably some rich, unlucky schmuck, who wouldn't realise a few hundred gone from their wallet.

Trick sculked around the bar, eventually talking to the barkeep. "Hey mate, I'm looking for somebody. Winged, brooding, kinda stupid looking?"

The moment the words left his mouth, the room froze still. Drinks stopped pouring mid-air, air froze to a sudden stop and emotion sat to the side, as a man walked into the bar under the description Trick described.

Trick turned suddenly"Azzie!" As he turns to the bartender once again briefly and slaps his shoulder, "Look who finally showed up!" Forgetting that the bartender is now 'paused'.

The angel itself was called Moriarty, Azzie being nothing more than a childish nickname he bestowed upon him. He was tall, stand-off-ish and imposing. The finest in the Silver City.

Moriarty's voice was deep, imposing and almost demonic. He sighed before speaking, "I have better things to do than respond to your summons... Do you at least have a good reason for alerting me at such a time, Patrick?"

Trick would speak to him as if he was leaning towards something suspicious, "...It's about the feather I plucked from that Pixie, you said you wanted it?"

Moriarty sighed out again, "And to my request, you asked for a price... One I told you, I will never pay. The dead should stay dead."

A sense of desperation would take over Trick, as he cried out. "I'm not asking for you to revive her, I'm just asking for a damn moment-!"

Moriarty, being as imposing as he was, cut Trick off. However, he did it with an obvious tone of sympathy.  "She's dead, Patrick!... I'm sorry, but your sister is at peace, and that's the best we can do."

At this point Trick knew he was getting nowhere, and thought up a plan B. "...Fine, another price! I want a Pentecostal Coin... I want a Get-Out-Of-Hell Free Card, and that's my ticket out of there."

He graciously accepted, "...There is only one known in existence and whilst, yes we do have it in our possession, you do realise who owned this before you?"

Trick would seem almost afraid, commenting "Someone whom I dare never to face again, Now, the Coin, Azzie!"

The coin burned its way inside Trick's palm, encasing it like a Tattoo. The feather soon faded from Trick's grasp. The moment this occurs, time moves like it once did. Drinks pouring, voices beaming and Moriarty nowhere to be found.

As Trick leaves the bar and spots some interesting Graffiti in a corner Alley-way, he'd go to inspect, "...Demonic Signs, Ritualistic Symbols- Seems our downstairs neighbours are getting restless~!"

A scream comes from a block up from the bar, Trick poking his head from an alley-way, facing the scream. "Never a dull moment... Why am I not surprised!" As he bolts up to the street in search of what caused the scream. Needless to say, he found what he was looking for.

A body with no face, and pale white skin

Some unholy creature tore the soul from a beautiful young woman, same as the last 3 bodies Trick has stumbled upon.

"Same MO... This is madness. There is no rhyme or reason to these murders just-... Just done for the hell of it all- Pun obviously not intended.." He'd think to himself.

In the same moment, he cleaned down the body of his own interference and made a run for it. During this, he called the discovery in, curious about how the police would 'handle' the situation.